First Week Post-op

ScottAD
on 8/8/12 1:33 am - Lenoir, NC
RNY on 07/31/12
I had my surgery on July 31st with Dr. Hata at Frye Regional Medical Clinic in Hickory NC. I wasn't particularly nervous until the day of which is par for the course with me. Takes a lot to rattle this fella.

Anyway it's been a week out and I've done good I was out of the hospital in about 32 hours and have had no complications. I've taken my time with drink drink drinking. A waterholic even.

I've read how a lot of people have issues getting protein in initially and I haven't had this issue. Am I just fortunate or is it my desire to stick to the strict regimen I set for myself? I am keeping a site detailing all of this stuff and I'll paste my schedule post-op. I see the doctor tomorrow for my follow-up and just want to make sure I didn't do anything wrong. Mind you what I pasted is from a static page I wrote to make available to others. Hence the sentence structure.

• First Meal – 8:15AM – Protein drink: 4oz fat free skim milk + 1 scoop Isopure No Carb Protein Powder (Flavor is up to you!) You may use 8ozs (1cup) for this I still prefer the protein shot method.
  • Second Meal – 10:00AM – 8oz water, 1/2 pack Crystal Light single serve (Flavor is up to you), 1/2 scoop Unjury Flavorless Protein. Mix your powder in slowly, if you just dump it in you will end up with a clumpy nasty mess!
  • Third Meal – 12:30PM – Time for something savory! This can be any low-fat cream soup, bouillon or even egg drop soup. Just use another scoop of the Unjury Flavorless Powder to get your protein in with this. I use all three and consume 8 oz for this meal.
  • Fourth Meal – 4:00PM – My homemade protein shot like the first meal.
  • Fifth Meal – 6:00PM – Meal just like Meal two. (We’re rounding out our scoop of Unjury this way.)
  • Sixth Meal – 7:30PM – I prefer a nice hot cup of bouillon to close out my day. It’s savory and warm. It relaxes the pouch. Just remember to use more flavorless protein.
  • Total Protein Intake – 80 grams

Thank you for taking to to read/advise.
Hollie313
on 8/8/12 2:16 am - MI
RNY on 05/09/12
Wow!  Great job on getting your protein in!  I wasn't so good at that in the beginning.  =)

Surgery: 5/9/12              HW: 302           SW:  287.6        CW:  158

poisonivy
on 8/8/12 3:03 am - lancaster, SC
 SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING AN AWESOME JOB!   KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!  CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR COMMITMENT!

Kat1313
on 8/8/12 3:41 am - Jacksonville , FL
RNY on 04/08/13
Wow, you're doing great.  Thanks for sharing, I will keep this for my postop info.
Missy A.
on 8/8/12 4:24 am - NC
RNY on 08/17/12
Great job! Hopefully, I can get mine in like you once I have my surgery.

Missy

HW:348 Consult W:320 SW:295 Current W:156 GW:140

KlassyRN
on 8/8/12 6:59 am - Cape Charles, VA
RNY on 07/19/12
Congrats!!You are doing great!! I was concerned too as I could get all my water and protein in, I like to think it's cause I am focused and was soo ready to get this behind me to get on the loser's bench! Keep up the great work !!

AKoro
on 8/8/12 11:39 am - GA
RNY on 07/31/12
 I had my surgery the same day!

I am struggling with the protein intake, but I just have flavored powder that is so sweet it is making me ill. I like the ideas of unflavored to help get more in. Like you, I am loving water and soup. Thanto for the ideas!
Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 142 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 110 views
Recent Topics