A Date Finally!

ScottAD
on 7/10/12 8:55 am - Lenoir, NC
RNY on 07/31/12
It's been quite awhile since I've posted on OH. I stopped visiting but kept working at things in regard to WLS.

A short history if you care to read...

2009 - Had BCBSNC and insurance changed a few weeks before I could see the surgeon for approval to have WLS done.
2010 - United Healthcare - WLS excluded
2011 - Cigna - WLS Excluded
2012 BCBSNC - Went to Frye as they are a Blue Center os Distinction and received surgeons approval on July 9th 2012 from Dr. Hata for RNY.

Pre-op is July 19th
Surgery date is July 31st!

He did state that based on my BMI I may be able to doa  VSG only because of space but thought RNY with VSG as a fallback was acceptable.

I've not fallen off the bandwagon and succumbed to depression or the hardships that is has taken to get to this point. I've kept my weight down and even lost an additional 22lbs. since I saw my GP last which was two months ago.

I was already doing 2 protein drinks a day. Dr. Hata said to go on to straight liquids now.

So that is where I am at and couldn't be happied or nervous or stoke or a bit scared all rolled in to one.

I'm using EAS right now and it's fine but is there any harm in adding some sugar free syrups like from Torani to kick the vanilla a little pizzaz? I've been using fruits and that is well and good but English Toffee sounds good.

So yes, a date! Finally!
fireflymkz76
on 7/10/12 8:56 am - Blairsville, GA
RNY on 07/24/12
 Congratulations on getting a date!!! Mine is right before you on the 31st!
check out my blog: http://alwaysl8totheparty.blogspot.com/      
THE_life10
on 7/10/12 9:05 am
RNY on 03/26/12

Can't wait until you join us on the losers bench!

Height: 5'9 Hw: 285 Sw: 272  Cw: 167 Surg. goal: 165

1m: -20 2m: :-18 3m:-10

4m:-12 5m:8 6m:-4 7m:-3 8m-10:-28

amybob
on 7/10/12 9:06 am
I can't help you answer your question. But I wanted to say Congratulations and Good Luck. So exciting to finally have a date. Also great job on the weight loss!!
RPick67
on 7/10/12 9:09 am
VSG on 06/11/13
So glad you finally have a date.  Congrats!!!  Kinda curious about the RNY with VSG as a fallback that your surgeon mentioned.  I thougt it went the other way around.....have the VSG as a first stage weight loss and then the DS or RNY as a second stage procedure for those of us with high BMI's.  I just got off the phone with my Bariatric Center and want to see the surgeon again before they submit to insurance.  I've said from day 1 I want the RNY....but the more I read I am concerned about not losing to an acceptable BMI with one procedure.  Just curious what he meant by VSG as a fallback? 

Best WIshes.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 322 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 157 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?