Forget the stupid post, im so very sorry for sharing a recipe that is not wls friendly.

Neaucora
on 6/19/12 1:55 pm, edited 6/20/12 6:22 am - AZ
RNY on 04/23/12
Just forget it. 

chelsea41808
on 6/19/12 3:00 pm - OH
RNY on 05/14/12 with
 i had that all the time when i was growing up .. or mom would take elbow noodles and run them under cold water til there were cold and then add tuna and mayo to it (cold tuna noodle) soooooooo yummy 

or take egg noodles add mushroom soup, milk, can of tuna, and then peas so good  this one is a hot dish 

HW - 260    SW - 237    CW - 152    GW - 140                    

WhoIWantToBe *.
on 6/19/12 3:02 pm
RNY on 01/10/12
 Your growing teenager needs to learn how to cook for himself!  :D

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

JaneJetson
on 6/19/12 4:02 pm
RNY on 05/07/12
 Who said he didn't know how to cook?  Nothing wrong at all for moms to cook for their kids, no matter what age.  What teenager doesn't come in starving and asking mom what's for dinner?  Kudos that they had their meal together:)  Jane 
justmycatandme
on 6/19/12 6:07 pm
RNY on 06/11/12
I agree, I cooked for my starving teenager so many times because I WANTED to!  He cooked for me and we cooked together...   Some people choose to spend whatever time they can with their starving teenagers because we realize soon we won't get that time with them....  Great is they ate together as well!
WhoIWantToBe *.
on 6/20/12 3:56 am
RNY on 01/10/12
Hey, she said she had no energy, and I got the impression the only reason she cooked was because her teen was starving.  And her teen could certainly have made boxed mac and cheese (not the healthiest food for mom to eat post-op anyway) for himself.  

I don't have a problem at all with moms or dads cooking for their families, or with families eating together.  But she shouldn't have to cook for him just because he's starving.

- Barb, who is at GOOOOOOAAAAAAL!

HW: 274  SW: 244  GW: 137 CW: 137!
              Keep on swimming!  Keep on swimming! 

Cleopatra_Nik
on 6/20/12 6:23 am - Baltimore, MD
 I like cooking for my kids. They like me cooking for them.

It's a win-win.

RNY Gastric Bypass 1-8-08 350/327/200 (HW/SW/CW). I spend most of my time playing with my food over at Bariatric Foodie - check me out!

Amy D.
on 6/19/12 8:57 pm - VA
RNY on 03/13/12
Oh man, I used to eat that all the time pre-op. I called it my redneck tuna casserole! I couldn't eat it now--would be a trigger for me and I'd eat the whole thing and then be wanting more carbs.

And speaking of starving teens, my teen put a pizza in the oven last night, forgot about it and therefore went to bed starving. Attention span of a gnat, I tell ya!

HW: 272 lbs. (BMI 49.7)     SW: 237 lbs. (BMI 43.3)    GW: 140 lbs. (BMI 25.6)   
Cindyagogo
on 6/19/12 9:35 pm
RNY on 02/21/12
Was a favorite pre-op. Love "mix-ins' with mac and cheese. Liked to add chicken and broccoli or cherry tomatoes, roasted peppers, tuna and green olives. my comfort food
laura_vermont
on 6/19/12 11:14 pm
I almost didn't post.  Almost.

Please step away from the box mac-n-cheese. 

There is nothing healthy about it.  Enriched pasta, tons of sodium..... I can't recall the fat content.  It just isn't good for you - or anyone.

My eating plan has always allowed for healthy carbs -- think whole grain pasta.  I do eat mac-n-cheese.  I make my own.  It's not hard.  It has all natural ingredients & no artificial coloring. 

This surgery is about life style change.  Many convenience foods just aren't good foods and have to go.

Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

Most Active
Recent Topics