Thirty Pounds to Go

FairRhonda
on 1/5/12 9:58 am - Durham, NC
 Well, I've lost about 90 lbs since my RNY surgery on 4/4/11.  For the most part the loss has been effortless...  I've been getting much more excercise than had in the past, but I hadn't really paid much attention to my food intake.  I ate every 3 hours or so (or when I remembered to) and ate between 4-5 oz, concentrating on protein, fiber and the like.

But now things are slowing down.  In fact, I haven't really lost anything in the last 3 weeks or so.  I'm starting to worry!  I still have 30 lbs to go, but I'm not sure how to proceed.  So....  I thought I would turn to you experts for some insight and advice.  How do I get those last 30 pounds off me??

R

HW - 300             SW - 289 (4/4/11)
CW - 251             GW - 175
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/5/12 10:09 am, edited 1/5/12 10:10 am - OH
 You just keep doing what you have been doing.  It is natural for the weight loss to slow once you get past 9 months post-op (and it seems to slow even more after 12 months).  It is a combination of your body overcoming the caloric malabsorption (that process starts very soon after surgery) and your caloric deficit being lower because you weigh less (it takes fewer calories to power a 150-pound body than a 250-pound body).

Just be sure to be mindful of how much you are eating, because you are now physically able to eat more than you have been previously, and it is easy to let the portion sizes creep up.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

poet_kelly
on 1/5/12 10:14 am - OH
You keep doing what you've been doing.  You're just experiencing a stall. Which is normal.  And it's normal for it to slow down as you get further out.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Laura in Texas
on 1/5/12 11:40 am, edited 1/4/12 11:40 pm
You say you haven't paid attention to your food intake. Maybe you need to. Start tracking your food and see what your calories, protein, carbs, and fat are on a regular basis. Maybe you need to make some adjustments.

Laura

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

trish419
on 1/10/12 12:34 am
I also have slowed down at my tenth month, but I am still losing inches.... I have 12 lbs to go and they are coming of slowly but surely... and yes be very careful about portion size. I have found myself eating a little more....  

But trust me they will come off....

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 53 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 402 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 20 replies · 226 views
What?s on this Sunday?s menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 118 views