EGD After having RNY

Christina C.
on 10/17/11 2:49 am - Windsor, Canada
I am waiting to hear back from the place where my scope will be done but the waiting is driving me nuts.  I had RNY (laproscopic) in 2006 and now I have been ill and they want to find out what is going on in my belly.  Can an EGD be performed properly on a person like me that has had an RNY bypass? 

Thanks
Pholaris
on 10/17/11 2:54 am
Hi- Yes it can, and it is done very often as this is typically how they fix strictures.

It won't be any different that before you had the surgery (I have had several both before and after)

I hope they can figure out what's wrong and that is nothing serious!
Pregnancy%20ticker
Christina C.
on 10/17/11 3:12 am - Windsor, Canada
Thanks for the info.  I feel better about that part of it.
poet_kelly
on 10/17/11 2:54 am - OH
Sure.  They can't see inside your remnant stomach but they can see inside your pouch.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Christina C.
on 10/17/11 3:13 am - Windsor, Canada
Thanks for the info and hopefully I wont remember a thing cause I am a little nervous.
poet_kelly
on 10/17/11 3:16 am - OH
Oh, they usually sedate you really good!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

dlo2
on 10/17/11 3:29 am - Brandenburg, KY
I have had multiple EGD's you won't feel a thing. 
emt_amy
on 10/17/11 8:04 am - MN
Just got scoped today actually. No biggie, cept a minor sore throat/ cotton mouth. This is my 3rd one since my surgery.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 10/17/11 8:14 am - OH
They do it all the time...  they probably perform it on a larger percewntage of RNYers than on the percentage of the non-RNY population!  It is how they check the pouch if you are having any knd of trouble that indicates a possible ulcer in the pouch or a stricture.  It's a piece of cake... no need to fret.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active
Recent Topics