7 months out-LOTS of pics of my journey-now wearing my 16 yo daughter's jeans YAHOO :))

sherri7794
on 9/20/11 4:01 am
This first pic was the evening of my daughter's 8th grade graduation.  Even though I was so happy for her and proud of her I was living in misery.  One of the reasons for this was my wonderful Dad was terminal and was suffering.  I was spending most of my time taking care of him and watching him decline.  Also, I was suffering from high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes....I was tired all the time and miserible. 

This is a pic of me and my late father when he was on the ventilator.  He knew I was taking the classes to get the surgery and was so supportive.  He struggled most of his adult life with obesity and because of that had high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes as well.  He had 4 heart attacks, triple bypass surgery and many other health issues.  He was only 66 when I lost him:

Now this pic is of me wearing my 16 yr old daughter's jeans (7 months out)  I just wish my Dad was here and healthy still.  I feel so much better and I am now proud to say I am an active part of my family's life:
So if you're reading this because you're considering surgery let me just speak from my own experience.  I was very scared pre-surgery, but now I wish I had done this years ago.  I was not really living before this surgery and now I am!

staces6
on 9/20/11 4:04 am
Awesome testimony! You look amazing and years younger! Congrats to you and God Bless!

roogirlmulder
on 9/20/11 4:25 am - San Diego, CA
Your dad is looking down upon you and I know without a doubt that he is so proud of his beautiful daughter. In his eyes, you were always beautiful, no matter what!
You have done an amazing job. Congrats and keep it up. =)

Sian
"If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it."
Surgery Date 8/25/2011
Highest Weight 310lbs - Current Weight 154lbs - Goal Weight 175lbs

nikki7805
on 9/20/11 4:29 am

You look incredible!! Your Dad is smiling down on you for sure!!

HW 307lbs  SW 299lbs Day or Surgery 297.4
Life is a journey that has just been standing still for me.. I'm ready to start LIVING!
Month 1 [-29] Month 2 [-9.5] Month 3 [-14 ]  Month 4 [ ] Month 5 [ ] Month 6 [ ]
Month 7 [ ] Month 8 [ ] Month 9 [ ] Month 10 [ ] Month 11 [ ] One Year! [ ]
TxSuz
on 9/20/11 4:32 am
 What a touching story, you look amazing Sherri, way to go and keep it up. 
 -Suzanne

mrslatch
on 9/20/11 5:39 am - Fort Campbell, KY
You look flipping amazing, and I'm sure, feel even better! What a great story, I just hate your dad isn't here to see it. I know he is smiling down on you though!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

T. Deeds
on 9/20/11 5:57 am
You look AMAZING!!!  What an inspiration!

Samantha.M
on 9/20/11 6:14 am, edited 9/20/11 6:14 am - Germany
You look amazing!! I'm sure your father is very proud of you ♥
nana2boys
on 9/20/11 12:30 pm
You made me cry.  And you look amazing as well.  I'm so happy for you

Cleveland34
on 9/20/11 12:59 pm
You look amazing.  I lost my dad in March of this year to heart valve disease which I am now developing myself.  I saw my cardiologist and he said the weight loss can help slow down the progression for which I am greatful.  God bless you and I know like my father, your father is looking down as well. God Bless.

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 237 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 269 views