tomatoes and cheese: food of the gods & goddesses

pouch_potato
on 9/4/11 2:20 am - PA
I would be happy eating nothing but a variety of tomatoes and cheeses for the rest of my life (I used to include breads and pastas with that, which is how I got in this MO predicament). Today I made tomato "sandwiches": two thick slices of tomato with sliced fresh mozzarella in between and a sprinkling of Penzey's salt-free Tuscan Sunset Italian Seasoning to top it off. Fresh heaven!!! And yes I ate it with my hands.

I would have drizzled on some balsamic vinegar and olive oil too were it not for my pouch being a little testy this week.

Two slices of tomato = 6 calories, 1 carb, 0 protein
2 oz fresh mozzarella = 140 calories, 0 carbs, 10g protein

LilySlim Weight loss tickers Notes:
LJ1972
on 9/4/11 2:32 am - FL
That has been my biggest craving.... a big ol' juicy slab of red ripe tomato. I will have to remember this when I can have maters, at my 6wk mark.
Lisarn1
on 9/4/11 3:03 am - Raleigh, NC
Tomato and cheese are a staple in my diet! I don't know how I'd eat if they were taken away from me! 

RNY 10/19/09 - Revision to VSG 10/13/14 - Dr Paul Enochs 

YankeeRose
on 9/4/11 3:07 am - Meadville, PA
Mmmm, that looks yummy!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

TrueNorthFriend
on 9/4/11 4:14 am - Canada
We have a large garden and all of sudden (the past week) the tomatoes are ripening day after day...  we're harvesting daily - ten - twenty tomatoes .  We have beefsteak, regular (whatever they are called ) and roma, plus cherry tomatoes which I don't like.   So every single day I've enjoyed a bacon, cheese and tomato sandwich on toasted multigrain thin rounds (I think they are meant for hamburgers).  OMG.  I toast the cheese right on top of the bread, and then lay the tomatoes in there - crumble a slice of crispy bacon...

I have no idea how many calories are in there - but I find I'm biking like a maniac at this point so it doesn't seem to matter.

Yay SUMMER! 
Becky D.
on 9/4/11 4:30 am - CA
I only buy fresh mozzarella occasionally because I can eat so much of it.
I love to make insalata caprese but I can eat too much.
It's the same with Indian food.
I love it too much so I limit it to about once a month.
shellybellymichele
on 9/4/11 6:34 am - Canton, OH
that looks so good.  what I really like is i pop the tomatoes into some boiling water for 10 sec and them peel the skin. then slice them up and put them in a pan that i have sprayed olive oil on very lightly put some crushed garlic in that put tomatoes on top and cook a few minutes. add some garlic pepper and some crazy jane mixed up salt some fresh basil them put grated parmasean cheese and let that melt. it is so good.

ohioh
on 9/4/11 11:38 am
RNY on 11/15/10 with
I am right there with you! I eat fresh mozzarella and ripe tomatoes all the time.  I put a little salad dressing on mine and YUMMY!!!!!

HW 270  SW 251   1st GW 170    CW 143       2nd GW 150
 1st GOAL REACHED  170  5/23/2011

2nd GOAL REACHED 150 8/8/2011
Most Active
Recent Topics