Oh BOY! It's getting close...

lilmoonsomeday
on 7/24/11 6:47 am - Lincoln, RI
Some of you may know me, I posted a lot on here up to a couple of months ago.  I have been MIA due to planning my fiance's and my wedding (coming up October 8, 2011).  It's coming fast and there is a lot of planning involved, among which is getting a gown. 

Now, back in May, I went and tried on a bunch of gowns, and I found one that I fell in love with.  Now, keep in mind, my weight loss had slowed way down as I was 10 months out.  So, I thought if anything, I may just need an alteration, so I ordered my gown.

WELL, much to my dismay this afternoon when I tried on my gown, the DANG THING IS HUGE NOW!  So, I panicked like a freak and called David's bridal and told them the situation.  They had me come in and try the gown on for them so they could see if I could order another size down or if they just would have to order it....

So, I went and THANKFULLY, the woman said I would have to go down a size and they could order it in time for me!  No additional cost!  PHEW!

I nearly just DIED and I just had to share... lol. 

Lil Moon

MY BLOG: http://lilmoonsomeday.blogspot.com/

I love food, but I love ME more!

High Weight:283/Current Weight:173/Goal Weight:160

Proudtobaloser
on 7/24/11 6:52 am - Fayetteville, NC
WOOOO good NSV there huh? Yep I know that feeling. My surgery is scheduled for August 29th.
My hubby said we were gunna renew our vows in a year or two and said he would love to see me in my wedding dress right then- tried it on and UMMMMMMMM yea no longer fits like a glove, dan thing feels like I dunno what and is really loose. We got married back in 07 and when I put my dress back on a few days ago and it was that loose I cried. His response was "Quit crying, we can get you another one. Just put that one away and cherish the memory it has."  THing is that may sound harsh but made me feel alot better.

As a single person we make but a whisper, as a crowd we make a roar. A friend.
"I never claimed to be an expert at such matters, but I am an expert at giving my opinion."- My dad

lilmoonsomeday
on 7/24/11 6:56 am - Lincoln, RI
Yea, I completely understand!  I was like really???  It's a victory but not!  I need a gown, not a panic attack! lol. 

Lammy
on 7/24/11 8:53 am - North Providence, RI
Cngratulations on the upcoming nuptials. If there isn't a few hiccups along the way you will never enjoy the event

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

lilmoonsomeday
on 7/24/11 10:47 am - Lincoln, RI

Lammy: LOL, Oh, I know, but I just hope I don't shrink out of the new one I ordered... There will be nothing I can do at that point.  Ok, panic is setting in again!  I am only concerned because it seems like recently, I started dropping weight again... I think I may have been in some kind of plateau, and now it's over?  I mean, the weight is still there, technically, but my clothes are getting lose and I think it may be from working out more? But, I don't want to stop!  I like losing the last of my weight!  WAAAAH!

Lil Moon

Lammy
on 7/24/11 11:01 am - North Providence, RI
Ok. Trying to flip into the glass is half full mode with the new me. Isn't having to have the gown taken in a bit better than having to have it let out. Plus you need the extra room so you can really let loose and dance . When my sister got married, she in her gown, and me in my tux, did PeeWee Hermans big show dance. So you never know when you may need some extra room to move

THE HARDEST STEP OF ANY JOURNEY IS THE FIRST ONE 

Most Active
Recent Topics