Im Home!!

prettyinpink766
on 6/29/11 4:29 am - Detroit, MI
Ok, so I have had my RNY, YAY!! I had a small complication where they thaught I may have had a suedo or sefto tumor cause i kept catching headaches after the medication, duhhh, its the narcotics!! so I had to see a neurologist anyway, and scheduled for a CTscan. all came back negative and I was good to go Sunday, I was there for 5 days,,wow..Anyway, I am starting to feel real good I barely take anything for pain, Im walking praise God, Im eating what im suppose to to the best of my ability and DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........DOWN 13 POUNDS SINCE SURGERY!!! I cant believe it but it is true! Im still in shock. Im taking it one day at a time and praying for strength. I am on week 2 tho, i eat no more than 2-3 oz i sip water conastantly, taking my protein powder, calcium citrate and multi liquid vitamin but now feelin like im kinda constipated?? I have had either fat free, low fat, sugar free or one with less than 6-8 grams of sugar in it (vanilla yogurt or oatmeal made with ho****er. a half pack and mad runny with some milk as instructed. I have not ate these things all at once of course but this is what my menu has been consisting of. I have started today on the protein powder. But a nite ago i had about 2 ounces of 2% milk. Is that what may have me feeling this way? Im not hurting, i just went from diarrhea like bowel movements to kinda stopped up. Any advice? Have I done something wrong? Please help me out if you can. Thanks!

prettyinpink766
on 6/29/11 4:30 am - Detroit, MI
On June 29, 2011 at 11:29 AM Pacific Time, prettyinpink766 wrote:
Ok, so I have had my RNY, YAY!! I had a small complication where they thaught I may have had a suedo or sefto tumor cause i kept catching headaches after the medication, duhhh, its the narcotics!! so I had to see a neurologist anyway, and scheduled for a CTscan. all came back negative and I was good to go Sunday, I was there for 5 days,,wow..Anyway, I am starting to feel real good I barely take anything for pain, Im walking praise God, Im eating what im suppose to to the best of my ability and DRUM ROLL PLEASE.........DOWN 13 POUNDS SINCE SURGERY!!! I cant believe it but it is true! Im still in shock. Im taking it one day at a time and praying for strength. I am on week 2 tho, i eat no more than 2-3 oz i sip water conastantly, taking my protein powder, calcium citrate and multi liquid vitamin but now feelin like im kinda constipated?? I have had either fat free, low fat, sugar free or one with less than 6-8 grams of sugar in it (vanilla yogurt or oatmeal made with ho****er. a half pack and mad runny with some milk as instructed. I have not ate these things all at once of course but this is what my menu has been consisting of. I have started today on the protein powder. But a nite ago i had about 2 ounces of 2% milk. Is that what may have me feeling this way? Im not hurting, i just went from diarrhea like bowel movements to kinda stopped up. Any advice? Have I done something wrong? Please help me out if you can. Thanks!
Oh, surgery was the 21st and i came home Sunday, not today. :O)

YankeeRose
on 6/29/11 5:30 am - Meadville, PA
Congrats on a successful surgery! I also had my surgery on the 21st and was in the hospital 5 days. With me I had dehydration and my urine was very concentrated and output was low. They pumped with so many fluids I gained 35 lbs so I have no idea if I have lost any weight yet. I started back to work yesterday (p/t) and so far things are going well. Funny you mention headaches. I had bad headaches while in the hospital everyday! Don't know why. I alos had to have ulta sound done on my legs to check for blood clots because I had some leg pain and my doctor wanted to make sure everything worked before he sent me home (i.e. bowel movement, increased urine, etc.) Also while in hospital my blood pressure was elevated and I had a fast heartbeat. I am happy to report that I no longer need my Metformin because my sugar has been NORMAL! Yay! Welcome to the losers bench!

Tammy
Luck 'o the Irish
HW399/SW362/CW219/GW130
*37 lbs were lost pre-op

ObiMomKenobi
on 6/29/11 8:03 am
Glad that you are done with surgery, and recovering well!
I am still pre-op, so I can only share what I have read others have used. Hopefully some of the veterans can chime in and tell you exactly what they used for constipation. I know this, you have to find something that works for you right away, or you will be miserable!

People here have suggested:
Benefiber
Miralax
Magnesium suppliments (not sure exactly what kind or dose)
Colace
Dulcolax
and for more immediate relief,
Milk of Magnesia
Suppositories
Fleet Enemas.

Not all at once, or course! ha ha. Maybe you could search the boards here for posts on constipation, and see what you find. I know it is a serious and common issue for many GBS'ers. Most people have a 'regemen' that they follow every day.

Good luck!
Amanda :)

princessfrogee
on 6/29/11 11:08 am - AL
Congratulations!  Glad all went well. 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 317 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 235 views