ProGo?

Koko M.
on 5/25/11 5:32 am - Albany, CA
I just got an email from bariatric Advantage, pimping their protein supplement "ProGo". I went to the website, but there is nothing that indicates what kind of protein it is...
It has the very basic nutritional info, but that's about it. Does anyone know if this is one of those useless "protein shot" type things? 

Thanks!

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

nomoresugar
on 5/25/11 5:42 am
I only took a quick look yesterday, and it is only 10 grams, so thought 'why bother with the expense and probably taste.
ahmerzrealm
on 5/25/11 5:52 am - Naperville, IL
i got the similar email. I am leery of these protein "shot" products. I seriously believe this stuff is hocus pocus.

ANNI D.
on 5/25/11 8:11 am
Another group that I am in a FB and I were talking about it yesterday because I got the same e-mail, and another one today too! Somebody in the group contacted customer service at BA. It's the same crap protein that everyone else is is selling. I have to admit that I was disappointed, to say the least. Not that it wasn't what they advertise it be, but the fact that BA is actually "dumbing themselves down," to actually try to compete in a market that they know is not a suitable protein for bariatric patients. I mean there name is Bariatric Advantage.
I only strive to be, the kind of person my dogs think I am!                               

Of the choices we are given, it's no choice at all....
                                             -Patty Griffin

Bootssie
on 5/25/11 10:04 am, edited 5/25/11 10:04 am - CA
RNY on 12/17/10 with
That was me.  Yes, I actually spoke to a rep from Bariatric Advantage and he told me that ProGo is indeed made with collagen.  DO NOT buy it.  He tried telling me that collagen is fine for us.  It's not.  BA has some decent products, but ProGo and Profect are not worth buying. 

Whacka Doodle
on 5/25/11 9:06 am
"ProGo"?

Golly, I thought this was going to be a thread about a laxative!

Interested in low-carb nutrition?  Thinking of trying Atkins? Want to try high-fat and/or high-protein eating?  Whether or not you have had (or are thinking about) WLS   http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/atkins/   

allvalerie
on 5/25/11 10:19 am - Seward, AK
I like trying new things so I ordered one of each flavor- They haven't arrived yet. It didn't occur to me to think about what type of protein it was though on Baratric advantage!

Valerie
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/25/11 10:29 am - OH
Perhaps when they arrive you can just return them unopened with an note indicating that they contain an unacceptable form of protein...?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

allvalerie
on 5/26/11 3:43 am - Seward, AK
Good Idea Lora!- I might do that

Koko M.
on 5/25/11 10:35 am - Albany, CA
And it seems rather odd, it being Bariatric Advantage, that they wouldn't anticipate the question and have the info right there with the product.

Things that make you go "hmmm..."

Koko   

HW-291 :: 1st WLS consult-281 :: Surgery-263 ::  GW-154 :: CW-151 :: In my dreams - 138

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 299 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 304 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 344 views