strange feeling in throat

janice A.
on 4/30/11 11:12 pm - san angelo, TX
I have this strange feeling in my throat. I ate Diner last night refried beans w/ cheese n a lil piece of fajita meat. I woke last night with the worst pain felt like reflux. It passed however i feel as though something is stuck in my throat.. I have been drinking warm water and i am afraid to eat anything. Has anyone have this happen to urself ? Any advice ? 

ty in advance
Janice

long term

SW 303/ lapband/ 244 /335 pre-op/ revision 4/11

Carla M.
on 4/30/11 11:36 pm
RNY on 02/21/11 with
You probably did get something stuck. Maybe some of the fajita meat. We really have to remember to chew, chew, chew.

I haven't gotten anything stuck, so I'm not an expert by any means. My mom's solution when she gets something stuck is to take a sip of caff free diet coke. Not just any soday, just coke. She says that, if she does force is to go down by keeping swallowing, it'll dissolve whatever is stuck. Sounds weird, but it works for her.

Good luck!!!
Momma2nicknmike
on 5/1/11 12:00 am - Beavercreek, OH
 If it still is bothering you, you could get some Papaya Enzymes and chew them up.  That will usually disolve any meat still left stuck.  Or you could mix up some Adolph's Meat Tenderizer in some warm water and drink that.  It is NASTY, but you probably will never forget to chew properly again!! Hope you feel better soon!

Lynne    

Meg_S
on 5/1/11 12:37 am - Natick, MA
I have heard that papaya enzyme can break down stuck food. May be worth a try. If it's actually in your throat and not your pouch, try eating some whole wheat toast to dislodge it.

Highest weight = 272, surgery weight = 240, goal weight = 135   

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 303 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 223 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 290 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 148 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?