Does it even exsist? (Protein Bar Question)

Elissa1103
on 4/20/11 6:21 am - IA
So does that protien bar exsist?  The one that has LOW calories, HIGH protein and LOW sugar?? Oh yeah...and does it taste good?

I have found a few that are good for 100 calories, and maybe 6 grams of protien, but shoot...I can get close to that with an egg! 

I would love to hear your finds because I am striking out!
nomoresugar
on 4/20/11 6:32 am
There are many.  Look for ones with 10 calories per gram of protien.  Costco carries Premium Protein, 30g of protein.  Pure Protein I have found at Walgreens and bimart.   Vitamin world (if you ahve them) has Proto Pur, and there are many more.
nate2009
on 4/20/11 6:34 am - Lebanon, OH
quest protein bar
around 200 cals 20g protein 15g fiber 2g sugar and no artificial sweetners. Go to their website and they will send you samples. There is no better quality bar out there anywhere. I think they taste better than any other as well.
    No longer about weight , it's all about living.            
Susie A.
on 4/20/11 6:50 am, edited 4/20/11 6:52 am - Palm Coast, FL
I eat Pure Protein bars. They are 200 calories, but have 20 grams of protein!! Only 2 grams of sugar. My favorite is the chocolate deluxe. It has a lot of cocoa flavor. I get them at Wal-Mart. They have lots of stuff. Check out www.pureprotein.net. I'm interested to hear other replies.

Starting Weight - 286

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/20/11 7:01 am - OH
It depends on your taste buds (and therefore how you define "taste good").  The only ones that actually taste GOOD to me (and are not as dry as cardboard!) are not particularly low in calories or in sugar/sugar alcohols... but at almost 4 years out, I don't eat ANYTHING that doesn't truly taste GOOD no matter what the nutritional stats are.

I have tried several of the brands previous posters have mentioned, and did not like any of them.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Melody Deutsch
on 4/20/11 7:33 am - CA
   hey, there are so many out there, but you don't want alot of sugar or carbs, and as much protein as you can get.  this is a good one, but high in  calories, but great in taste.  OhYeah !   26 grams of protein, 380 in calories, 31 carbs, 8 grams of surgar., not the best of ingredients, but great taste.
the better for health to me is Pure Protein Bars. try them and see for yourself. good luck.  Melody

ktharp89
on 4/20/11 8:28 am - Gaithersburg, MD
 Think Thin are SO good. They have about 200 calories, 0 sugar and 20 g protein.
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

penguingirl
on 4/20/11 9:53 am
My favorite is Supreme Protein, 190 calories/9 grams of fat/15 grams of protein/4 sugar & 4 sugar alcohols~~~I don't dump, so not a problem for me.  My sister even tried a bite the other day and thought they were good (no surgery for her).  I like the Peanutbutter Crunch the best.  Yummmm!
"Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal." ~ Henry Ford            5'11"  HW 369/SW 353/GW 209    
Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 318 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 236 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 299 views
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Saturday menu??
Amy Liz · 4 replies · 72 views