Open RNY. Incision question.

ktharp89
on 3/25/11 1:42 am - Gaithersburg, MD
My incision is driving me crazy. How long does it take to completely heal. I also have dissolvable stiches underneath the skin. When do they dissolve??? Any idea?
Height - 5'8  - SW - 292/ CW - 177.6 /GW - 150 - BMI - 27.1 - 114.4 lbs lost!
"The fishermen know that the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient reason for remaining ashore" Vincent Van Gogh
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/25/11 2:46 am
I have stiches like that after my body lift ... it took for ever to disolve... a few months... but it is very individual.. ask your doc next time you see him.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

needtoloseweight
on 3/27/11 5:58 am - Oxon Hill, MD
Ktharpe Dr Afram took the tape off my incision at my first two week appointment and told me to cover it with gauze and wear my binder.  By the 4 week appointment he told me I didn't have to wear the binder or the gauze anymore.  As far as the dissolveable stitches...you might still be sore under and around the incision for a while until you totally heal on the inside. I am going on week 6 and I still feel sore under the skin and the itching around the incision can get a little intense at times. I would imagine that it takes a few months for the inside to totally heal.

Most Active
Recent Topics