question about taking care of kids and chores immediately after surgery??

ebanks
on 12/5/11 12:47 pm - Glen Daniel, WV
I am scheduled for a ryn revision and hernia repair on the 21st of this month.  I am worried about my "down time" as far as household chores and taking care of my 2 yr old.  I know common sense stuff like no lifting, etc...  But I am wondering how long it was before I can start doing normal every day things, like laundry, dishes, etc.... 
Libby0218
on 12/5/11 10:17 pm - TX
My mom came to help me for the first week after my surgery. That was wonderful. The next week I felt better but didn't really attend to any "chores" like sweeping, laundry and such. After two weeks though I was back to normal.

I had the lap band removed, the by-pass performed and my gall bladder out all at once. Recovery went fine and I feel really good. Today is my 6 week doctor's appointment and I may get to move from this full liquid diet to a soft diet! *fingers crossed*
camietam
on 12/6/11 11:45 am - Ceres , CA
I hope you have someone to take care of both of you for a least a week, but you will need help for about 2 weeks.
Camie

travelingirl
on 12/12/11 12:13 pm - CA
Hernia repair is no joke. You will be down for awhile. I had my hernia repaired Oct 21 and just went back to work. I still can't lift anything over 10 pounds, this is after 6 weeks. Your body is going to really need time to heal. Twisting bending and streching still makes me hurt. Are they going to do an open ryn since your getting your hernia fixed? Put pride to the side and ask friends and family help you.  

ebanks
on 12/12/11 12:57 pm - Glen Daniel, WV
Did you have hernia repair and revision at the same time? How long were you in the hospital?  6 weeks out of work? wow... wasn't counting on that!  Please fill me in on any details you can... any advice is much appreciated!
Josie W.
on 12/13/11 12:43 pm - WV
VSG on 04/23/13
 Hey if there is anything I can do let me know . you are in my prayers :-)

Most Active