RNY to DS 8 weeks ago, slow to lose, and questions about what to eat

offthewall34
on 10/20/11 9:37 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Hello Everyone,
I had a revision from an RNY to a DS about 7-8 weeks ago, and I was losing quite well for the first 5 weeks.  I lost 35lbs those first 4-5 weeks, but the last two weeks, I have only lost two lbs.  I am so paranoid that I am done losing now.  I have started eating more now that my stomach has healed, but not more than I am suppose to eat. In fact, I am still eating less than is suggested  The one thing that I am doing "wrong" is that I am eating more carbs than protein because I am having trouble finding foods that have protein that sound good  that doesnt make me nauseous at this stage or take a long time to prepare.  Do any of you have any ideas/good suggestions of things that you eat that can help me???  I have been cleared to eat anything.  I really need help with ideas of higher protein meals/"snacks" to have around.  I am also on prednisone so I know my body is likey not allowing me to lose weight due to the medication either. 
So, if any of you could give me suggestions of easy meals, snack, etc that I could keep handy, that would be great ( I have Lupus/Rheumatoid Arthritis Sjogrens, so it's nice to have easy foods available...)...thank you!!!
Deena
teachmid
on 10/21/11 1:15 am - OKC, OK
Congratulations on your weight loss so far. Sounds like you're right on schedule. Have you been over to the DS board? Take a look at the bites, vites and Exercites thread where some folks post what they're eating.

Fluids, at least 64 oz a day, and protein first. The general guideline is 30-60-90....30 grams by 30 days, 60 by 60 days, etc. Many limit their carbs to under 50 a day.

Are you drinking protein shakes/coffees? Some high protein ideas: deviled eggs, cheese, plain Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, deli meat, ricotta fluff, peanut butter, flour less peanut butter cookies. There are to s more ideas out there.

The weight loss will come, although slower than the first time. Right now your body is just catching up, taking a break.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

airbender
on 10/21/11 8:04 pm
you have lost 35 lbs in 7-8 weeks?  do you realize that is 5-4 lbs a week? after going through tramatic surgery?  that is an incredible weight loss.  give your body time to heal.  the first 6-8 weeks are for your body to heal, weight loss in that time is a bonus.  try to concentrate on good quality proteins, stay away from the carbs, drink, rest.....you are doing great
offthewall34
on 10/21/11 10:40 pm - Bakersfield, CA
Thank you so much ladies for the words of encouragement!  It's hard to keep the big picture in mind sometimes, especially when I remember how quickly I lost weight with the RNY.  I will look on the DS board to try to find some more ideas for meals etc too and see if that helps.
Thanks again!
Deena
teachmid
on 10/22/11 9:23 am - OKC, OK
Deena,
Remember, the weight loss is generally much slower after a revision. It's frustrating at times.
     -Gail-
SW  257    CW  169  GW  165

Most Active
Recent Topics