Hernia / Revision question

ebanks
on 9/9/11 9:50 am - Glen Daniel, WV
Ok.. so I went to my Dr. to see about having a revision.  I had RYN in 2007.  He said the first step would be to do a scope to see if my pouch was stretched or what was going on.  I had that done today and he said I have a hernia that would require surgery..... but he said my pouch still looked tight. If that is the case then how am I eating so much and gaining so much weight? I'm wondering if when the hernia surgery is done if that will affect anything as far as how much I am able to eat???
Ladytazz
on 9/9/11 5:12 pm
Did he say anything about your stoma?  Many people regain because their stoma (the connection between the pouch and the intestines)stretch out so that food doesn't stay in the pouch but just goes immediately into the intestines, leaving you hungry.
If your pouch hasn't stretched out and your stoma is still good that is good news because that means you still have your tool and you can use it again.  Just go back to what worked in the beginning.  Protein first, no drinking with meals or 30 minutes after, avoid refined carbs, etc.  It will be difficult at first but after a while your pouch should work the way it is supposed to and you can get back to where you are comfortable.

WLS 10/28/2002 Revision 7/23/2010

High Weight  (2002) 240 Revision Weight (2010) 220 Current Weight 115.

Most Active