Upper endo of my RNY today

alaja957
on 8/23/11 8:03 am
I got my upper endoscopy today.  My pouch is nice and tiny but the lower stoma has blown out and is bigger around than a golf ball.  I know I have posted here with my struggle choosing between a BOB and a DS. My doctor wants me to go the BOB route because that's the surgery he does.  And what he said makes sense that the band would return me to a functioning RNY by putting something that could act as that lower stoma. 

That said, I know many people here are DS supporters but for now I am going to keep looking into the BOB.. 
Annette O.
on 8/23/11 10:38 pm - Hyde Park, NY
RNY on 09/19/11 with
I'm new to the revision board but I remember reading either here or somewhere else about great statistics of band over bypass.
  sort of Ironic, since I'm going the opposite way as in: band to bypass. Good luck to you.

Annette O
sandy_mt
on 8/24/11 7:18 am
 Well, if your surgeon does not perform the DS, of course he's going to promote the BOB.  He wouldn't send your business elsewhere.  Do yourself a favor.  Have a consult with a surgeon who performs ALL of the surgeries and get an objective opinion.  In the meantime, you may want to read this post.  It may sound harsh, but you are gambling with your life and long-term success vs failure.  But, you're right in the fact that you should keep looking into the BOB, just don't make any decisions until you fully inform yourself.

Good luck!
Sandy 
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/4441374/E-NUFF-You-have-been-warned/

Most Active