Quick intro and a few questions I forgot to ask my surgeon

facethemusic
on 8/5/11 5:23 am
It appears that I have 2 gnarly ulcers that aren't responding to medical treatment.  3 months after diagnosis my surgeon and I concluded that surgery is the only option.  The plan is that on Tuesday he and another surgeon will go in and see what they are working with.  One of my ulcers is at the very end of my pouch where it connects to my small intestines and my new one is in the intestines.  I think they are going to try to cut out the ulcers and reattach the bowels.  The tricky part is they can't put the bowels n the same place due to a higher risk of reoccurance.  It sucks that I'll be in the hospital until I'm released after surgery.  I miss my family, but since I'm 2 hours away my doctor is scared that I will take a turn for the worse and not be able to get back in time.  My hemoglobin is still a little low, but it's maintaned at 9.3 for a while.  They are giving me some kind of medicine to make my blood clot. 

Has anyone had a revision due to ulcers?  Is the recovery from a revision more difficult than the original surgery?  Did you lose a lot more weight after your revision?  How long does a revision typically take to perform?

I totally forgot to ask him those questions earlier.  I'm hoping some of the veterans can offer some insight.  Thanks for letting me bug you all.
 HW-240, SW-233, CW-158, GW 135 @ 5'3.5"
RNY April 2011, Reversal August 2011.  
I still have a pouch so I'm a hybrid.

Most Active
Recent Topics