Liquid recipes w/ texture!

(deactivated member)
on 4/3/05 5:14 am - Yakima, WA
Here are some liquid recipes, not on my website, that you might enjoy - 3 sweet and 2 savory. You might also enjoy Tooter's Egg Nog (high protein!) posted: freepgs.com/bariatricbytes/Beverages.html - Enjoy! Peaches-N-Cream By Dame Tooter 1 - .6 ounce box of Peach Flavored Sugar-free Jell-O gelatin (0 carbs; 80 calories) 1 cup boiling water 1 - 7 ounce bottle of Dannon Light 'n Fit Carb Control Peaches 'n Cream Smoothie - strained to remove the tiny pieces of peach (4 carbs; 6 protein; 70 calories) 1 cup of 2% (white) Carb Countdown "milk" (3 carbs; 12 protein; 100 calories) Stir gelatin into boiling water for 2 minutes. Add the Carb Countdown "milk" and smoothie and stir well. Chill until set, stirring once after 45 minutes in the refrigerator - if you forget to stir it, it still tastes good, but it seperates. The more solid yogurt sinks to the bottom. Just stir before serving if that happens.Total for recipe - Carbs: 7; Calories: 250; Protein 18 grams) Total per serving (1/8th recipe): Carbs: less than1; Calories: 31.25; Protein: 2.25 grams) Note: for those on pureed (who are allowed) you can stir 1/4 cup of pureed canned Lite peaches in place of 1/4 cup of the milk. Orangesicles By Dame Tooter 1- .6 ounce box of Orange Flavored Sugar-free Jell-O gelatin (0 carbs; 80 calories) 1 and 1/2 cups boiling water 1/8 cup frozen unsweetened orange juice (concentrate) (13 carbs; less than 1 protein; 56 calories) 1 and 2/3 cup cold Carb Countdown "milk" (5 carbs; 20 protein; 166 calories) Combine gelatin with boiling water. Stir for 2 minutes. Stir in the frozen juice. Add the Carb Countdown "milk" and stir until well mixed. Chill until set - this stays kind of loose-set (I think from the OJ). Total for recipe - Carbs: 18; Calories: 302; Protein 20 grams) Total per serving (1/8th recipe): Carbs: 2.25; Calories: 38; Protein: 2.5 grams) Strawberry-Banana Creme By Dame Tooter 1- .6 ounce box of Strawberry-Banana Flavored Sugar-free Jell-O gelatin (0 carbs; 80 calories) 1 cup boiling water 1 - 7 ounce bottle of Dannon Light 'n Fit Carb Control Strawberry Banana Cream Smoothie - strained to remove the tiny pieces of peach (4 carbs; 6 protein; 70 calories) 1 cup of 2% (white) Carb Countdown "milk" (3 carbs; 12 protein; 100 calories) Stir gelatin into boiling water for 2 minutes. Add the Carb Countdown "milk" and smoothie and stir well. Chill until set, stirring once after 45 minutes in the refrigerator - if you forget to stir it, it still tastes good, but it seperates. The more solid yogurt sinks to the bottom. Just stir before serving if that happens. Total for recipe - Carbs: 7; Calories: 250; Protein 18 grams) Total per serving (1/8th recipe): Carbs: less than1; Calories: 31.25; Protein: 2.25 grams) Note: for those on pureed (who are allowed) you can stir 4 or 5 large pureed frozen (unsweetened) strawberries in place of 1/4 cup of the milk. Savory Liquids "Creamy" Chicken Soup By Dame Tooter 3 cup of Boiling Ho****er 1 package of Creamy Chicken Flavored Ramen Noodles (noodles and foil seasoning packet) (roughly 2 carbs for the flavor packet) 1 cup of HOT 2% (white) Carb Countdown "milk" (3 carbs; 12 protein; 100 calories) The Juice of one can of sweet, white, canned, whole kernel corn. Strain well! Give the corn to someone else, or toss it - (19 carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 67 calories). Which when you're trying HARD to get some calories in, is a good thing. I wouldn't recommend this for someone who is getting in sufficient calories, etc. 1/2 tsp. real butter (or your preference) 1/4 tsp. garlic powder 1/4 tsp. onion powder Optional: Unflavored Protein Powder Bring water to a boil. Add noodles without breaking them up (I add that because I've always broke the square of noodles into 1/4ths) and cook for 4 minutes. Drain off 1 cup of the water, but keep the rest of the water! Strain the noodles out of the water and discard the noodles. Add the seasoning packet to the ho****er. Add the hot "milk", corn juice, butter, garlic and onion powder. Stir well. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 1 or 2 minutes to allow the flavors to mingle. Serve hot. Total for recipe - Carbs: 20; Calories: 227; Protein 13 grams) Total per serving (1/4th recipe): Carbs: 4; Calories: 57; Protein: 3 grams) Note: If you retain water, this may be too high in sodium for you. Sorry! "Creamy" Beef & Onion Soup By Dame Tooter 1 cup of boiling water 1 cup of HOT 2% (white) Carb Countdown "milk" (3 carbs; 12 protein; 100 calories) 1 beef bullion cube (.6 carbs; .6 protein; 6 calories) 1 envelope of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix OR dehydrated vegetable soup mix ((.6 carbs; .6 protein; 6 calories - minus the bulk of the soup when it's strained) Mix water and "milk" in a saucepan and bring to a very gentle boil. Stir in the bullion cube and the onion soup mix. Stir until all is dissolved. Run through a strainer. Discard onions. Serve 'soup' hot. I tried this using onion seasoning (salt/powder) instead of the soup mix...and well, it left a LOT to be desired! Note: If you retain water, this may be too high in sodium for you. Sorry!
Just Me
on 7/5/05 4:18 am - Happy Place, TN
Hey! I'm gonna try these.! Thank you! ps: emailed you when I was too shy to post on the board... had a question about milk/calories. Was wondering about the benefits of adding milk (doesn't mess up my tummy) to my regular intake of liquids. Then, decided to wait about adding those calories until physically able to work them out of my body. Best Wishes.
Most Active