5 days out of surgery

Shelly7898
on 8/16/11 9:13 am - Long Beach , MS
I had my surgery on the 11th and every since then I have been having horrible pain about 3 inches below the port site. It is hot and it feels like I am being stabbed. I addressed it to the doctors and nurses and they told me it was just gas but I am still having it. I can not stand up straight because it hurts so bad. I am having gas pains from the gas moving around but its a differnt feeling. I am getting very concerned about this especially since none of the incisions hurt except when I try to cough, but I understand that is to be expected. If anyone has any advice please share. Also the port site is kinda indented about 1/2 of an inch, is that normal. BTW, I weighted 345 the morning of surgery, I am now 338 with very little appeitite. I am beginning to be able to tolerate the protein shakes but thats about it. I know I dont get enough water or vitamins but I am trying to improve on it.

Tom C.
on 8/16/11 7:00 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Shelly7898,

If you're really concerned with the pain demand the Doctor see you and check it out. If you had a brand new car that wasn't working correctly, you'd bring it back to the dealer. Aren't you worth more than a car?

CONGRATS on the weight loss so far!! You're doing excellent.

Make sure you get in your Protein. That's the key to losing weight.

Also your liquids and vitamins are extremely important. Make sure you get them in.

Know we're here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Shelly7898
on 8/17/11 12:39 pm - Long Beach , MS
Thanks for all those for sent your concerns. Yes I did go to the ER this morning. Even through my pain meds I was still bent double in pain. I got to the ER, the took x-rays, gave me an IV drip with pain meds, took blood and urine sample. The meds only made me sleepy, and if I was real still very little pain so they dosed me again and still if I moved it was horrible. Everything come back CLEAR except the urine, I had blood in it, so they set up a CT scan. Before they set me for the scan the missionary priest from our church came in to see me, they anointed me with oil and prayer for me. It took about an hour for them to come get me for the scan and when she came in she had more pain meds but I told her I didn't think I needed them but she said the dr insisted. When I moved to go take the scan I have very LITTLE pain. That test also came back clean, the pain had completely gone, and I walked out the hospital on my own. Prayer is an amazing thing!!

Kim H.
on 8/19/11 2:46 am - Duluth, MN
AMEN!! Glad you are doing better Shelly! Prayer IS amazing! Praise God. I am still glad you went to get it checked out, though. Like Tom said, you are worth more than your car and you would get that checked if you thought something was not running properly, right??
We are here for you!
PS. How did you get the font and color to be different than basic text in black? I love purple....

~Kim~

Most Active