Worried...update from u/s

omma24
on 3/8/12 3:59 am
Had our follow-up u/s today.  The good news is that there was progression..but a little slower than expected.  The u/s tech did see the heart beat fluttering on the screen, but couldn't get an accurate measurement.  She recorded the hb at 85.  But she said that she felt like it was more likely that she had recorded mine and not the baby's.  So, the doc has ordered another u/s in a week.  My new edd is Halloween.  So, we have to wait another week to see if we can get a normal heart beat and more progression.  =/
Anyone else have this happen and turn out to be okay?????

Sarah V.
on 3/8/12 6:59 am
Seeing a HB at 6w1d is great!  I'm sure the tech is right that she was detecting your HB which was probably a little elevated due to excitement/stress.  Try to relax which I know is easier said than done.  I had US every week for the first 12 weeks and I was a nervous wreck every time :)

Lap Band September 2007 / Slip discovered March 2014 after significant regain / Revised to VSG April 29, 2014

Nikki M.
on 3/8/12 9:35 am
My RE said he did not expect to see/hear the baby's heartbeat until at least 6 weeks, 5 days to 7 weeks. I went in at 6 weeks, 2 days and there was a little tiny hb! It was pretty low... like 109 bpm. They gotta start somewhere right?
I'm now 16.5 weeks along and baby is cooking right along :)
Good luck and keep us posted!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

linda.traxler
on 3/8/12 6:17 pm - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
My 6 week US, we couldn't detect HB either.  It's reassuring she saw a flutter and no doubt had recorded your HB.  Hang in there for the next week, try to stay relaxed!  (easier said than done)

Hope you get great news next week!!!!!
omma24
on 3/9/12 12:21 am
Thanks everyone.  I am trying not to stress about it.  I was happy to see the heartbeat.  But then let down when the doc seemed a little, well discouraged.  We are so attached to this little pumpkin already.  At my age it really could go either way at this point.  I will be 44 in a couple months.  All we can do is wait and see.  It's going to be a very long week.  
MusicMaryn
on 3/9/12 1:23 am - San Jose, CA
Just breathe and try to relax.  I know.. totally not the easiest thing to do!  I'm 41 and will be 1 mo shy of my 42nd bday when this lil boy is born.  So I fully understand the extra risks and fears that go along with our "mature" age.  I had 2 MC's before this LO settled in for the long haul within the first 6 cycles (this one took on the 7th cycle w/IVF.)  Anywho... 6w is still pretty early.  A week later will make all the difference.  Good luck and try to relax.  
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

kwinkleman
on 3/9/12 6:00 am - FL
I had the exact same thing happen to me.  They did my US around 5 weeks and couldn't barely see or hear anything.  I worried myself sick for a week.  Then came back and it was a little better still not as strong our a loud as I would have liked.  But now at almost 23 weeks I can feel movement and it is so reassuring.  It is still early, I think things will be ok.
omma24
on 3/9/12 7:10 am
Thanks for the encouragement, ladies! 
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1275 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views