Any day now! Wish me luck!

angelrose
on 9/30/11 9:49 am - indio, CA
Saw the OB yesterday and he says I'm dilated 1cm and already ripe and effaced. Guess I'm not making it to my 10/20 due date after all. Wish me luck, ladies :) I'm a little nervous as I'm still working. My boss wants me to "hang on" until the 11th when I'm done training a new employee. Ha! Like I have control. I'd be on leave already if it weren't for the money issue (my boss offers me no work funded disability so I'm dependent on state disability) and for the fact that he keeps pressing me to keep working. They were laying so much on me today. Seems like because I broke the news that I'd be off sooner than expected that they're squeezing every drop out of me. But that's only going to make me labor sooner. Contemplating just not coming back Monday and taking my leave. We'll see. Very excited to meet my daughter. I'm almost done crocheting her blanket! 

Paula622
on 9/30/11 10:03 am
Not to burst your bubble, but I was 100% effaced and 1-2cm dilated with my first pregnancy from about 35 weeks.  She was not born until 41 weeks.  Everyone is different.  I just know I kept letting people tell me "any day now" for so long that it made it so much more frustrating to watch my due date come and go without a baby.  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

hockeybabe2u
on 9/30/11 10:19 am - Allegan, MI
I hear and feel for you on this one Paula!  My 1st son was born 17 days early and I thought for sure my 2nd child would be born early too......HAHA....NOT.  My body was more than ready to have her long before she was ready (I don't remember exactly how much dilated I was or effaced, but do know my midwife was saying to me she was surprised I didn't sneeze and go into labor....I was that ready), but she didn't come until 9 days after her due date....which in the end I was happy about because the labor was fast and easy!  With my last son, he was born 8 days early and all I'm hoping for with this one, is that he's not too late...no more than a day or 2...lol....but you just never know.  I also know as of Tuessday I was no where close to having this baby, but know that things can change drastically fast!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Paula622
on 9/30/11 10:26 am
This is why I refuse to read much into ANY symptoms!  I'm basically of the mindset that unless my water breaks or I see a head, I'm not wasting a trip to the hospital! :)  It is amazing how some babies will make their entrance with a quick 0 to 60 labor and others will put their mothers through days of labor (this was the case with my first).  Keeps you on your toes though!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

200 PoundsGone
on 9/30/11 10:09 am
I am amazed at the lack of compassion people and companies have to woman who are about to give birth.  I worked up until my last month and my boss would always be on me about just slowing down and taking my leave.  He could see how hard it was for me and offered as much comfort as he could up until my last day.  If you need to take that day off I say do it.  Be sure to contact your doctor and ask if you should be even working or should be bed resting.  If you have legal documentation stating that you need to be off your feet there is nothing your employer can do about you needing to take leave early.  Many blessings to you and your angel.

Come follow me on Instagram @200poundsgone
HW: 420.. Maybe more
413 (7/14/2005
)
260 (6/10/2010)
260 (09/28/2011)- No Weight Loss but the inches are dropping OFF *ZUMBA BABY*
204 (06/02/2013)- In the BEST shape of my life. Addicted to FITNESS

hockeybabe2u
on 9/30/11 10:11 am - Allegan, MI
Is this your 1st?  It gets so exciting towards the end of a pregnancy to wonder when exactly your little one will come into this world!  So many ladies have been having there babies lately on here.....it kinda makes me envious.....but on the other hand, I know what is coming up and don't mind my little guy hanging out a little bit longer!.....LOL.  Not to mention at my appointment this past Tuesday, he was still very high and we're not sure what position he's in......so I want him to wait until after Wednesday and hopefully find out he's heads down and not breech or transverse!  I'm thinking though that he will be born very close to his due date!

What seemed to put me into labor with my last son was doing a lot of weeding.  Maybe try doing things where your bending over or do lots of walking or like someone else suggested, take a hay ride!  They also say that pineapple juice and raspberry leaf tea help speed things along.....also sex....LOL.  Good luck and can't wait to hear your birth story!

Oh and with my 1st born son, I was working and they were waiting until the last minute to get a temp girl in to train for my job.  I ended up having my son 17 days early and they had to train her themselves......LOL

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1277 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 876 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1346 views