personal question about skin down there

Anita Jo
on 3/12/15 10:56 am - Elmira, NY

hi all. is there a surgery to get rid of all the skin down there. i cant wear alot of different clothes since that area sticks out like a sore thumb. how much is it and what is it called. i am so embarrassed by this skin sexually, physically. thanks for your time. anita

cutekatie
on 3/12/15 11:38 am
RNY on 05/16/12

It's called a mons lift and I had one with my tummy tuck. The vertical incision went right down to almost my clitoris. He pulled in the skin on either side and did liposuction to remove the fat deposits. It's not 100% normal but I can actually wear underwear without skin hanging out.

If you google it you can find pics and information about the surgery. I have a pic on my profile but I'm not naked so you can't really see alot. I will tell you that being able to wear underwear normally is wonderful.

HW 282 OW 273 SW 247 CW 232

Laura in Texas
on 3/12/15 12:17 pm

Mons pubis reduction or lift- also called a monsplasty.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

KristieA
on 3/13/15 1:47 am - Orillia, Canada

When I had my panniculectomy and upgraded to fleur de lis, my surgeon pulled a lot of skin upward from my mons.  It got rid of so much 'stuff' I was amazed.  I didn't have lipo (could have used it maybe).  The skin was so tight right after surgery I thought it was almost impossible.  It has let out a tiny bit now and certainly more comfortable.

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

alexclinton
on 3/17/15 7:51 pm

Yes, Monsplasty is used to correct sagging skin on the pubic mound which cannot be reduced by a tummy tuck. It is also known as pubic lift. The discomfort which you are facing now can be cured by monsplasty surgery. You can search online to get detailed information about it.

Anita Jo
on 3/17/15 10:05 pm - Elmira, NY

thank you all. i may need to talk to my doctor i need this surgery. i dont understand why i didnt lose weight there, u are are wonderful.

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:15 pm

Many women don't lose there, they have fat that settles and stays there.  So many have to have massive liposuction done to improve and not only once, but several times -- lipo and then a lift and it should be improved.  Some surgeons won't do both at the same time, so you should check on that.

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 6:14 pm

Most Tummy Tucks and LBL will raise the Mons Pubis.  ALWAYS ALWAYS ASK THIS WHEN YOU CONSULT. 

NEVER ASSUME IT'S GOING TO BE DONE, ASK!

Mine was lifted with my TT and again with my LBL (I revised after losing more weight) and I am thrilled with it.  IT's where it should be and it's very attractive.

Anita Jo
on 3/18/15 9:35 pm - Elmira, NY

my wls surgeon did my panniculectomy and took off 9 pounds of skin and fat on my belly. he didnt touch that area. 

Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/18/15 9:40 pm

Traditionally a pannulectomy will not touch the mons pubis area. It's not covered. Sometimes surgeons do fix that area just to be nice and give the patient a good result. 

Most Active