Christmas party 2 weeks after tummy tuck & hysterectomy?

butterfly3851
on 11/5/14 6:35 am - TX

Just found out my husband's company Christmas party is two weeks after I have my tummy/tuck and hysterectomy.  Think I could go for awhile?  I'd be still wearing my compression garment - don't know if I would still have drains.  

Thanks for your input.

Ihearttennis
on 11/5/14 10:00 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

I'm sorry I can't help you.  I haven't had my surgery yet. I'm sure it's different for everyone too.  Some people heal faster than others.  Good luck! 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Needanewbeginning
on 11/5/14 10:34 pm, edited 11/6/14 1:15 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Edited to correct spelling

I haven't had my tummy tuck yet, November 21st will be my day, but I have had a hysterectomy. True everyone heals differently but I can honestly say I wouldn't have gone anywhere but a short walk at two weeks out. Having a shower was still a challenge at that point.

Hysterectomy is tough enough, never mind adding the muscle tightening etc to that mix.

Drugs help, but see how you feel, you may get there, but from what I have heard from others it may still be very hard to stand up straight never mind being exhausted etc? 

Sorry, I am not trying to be a downer I just thought I would share my hysterectomy experience. 

See how it goes, plan for it and take it day by day. 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

emelar
on 11/6/14 12:28 am - TX

Chances are, no.  You may have drains, but those can be hidden.  The real issue is your energy level will still be kaput and you may still be on pain meds from the muscle repair.  I just don't think you'll enjoy yourself even if you manage to get there.  Add the hysterectomy on top of that.

sparkle1980
on 11/6/14 5:55 am
DS on 06/29/12

My advice? Don't set yourself up to fail.  Give yourself TLC and TIME TO HEAL.  I overdid it after my LBL and I still regret it.  Healing is hard enough, don't make it extra hard.

DS (lap) June 29, 2012
HW: 327
CW: 165
GW: 165

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/14 6:19 am

My patients are able in most cases to resume their "normal" activities within that length of time but it really depends on the individual. I would also ask your plastic surgeon as well as your gynecologist. You definitely don't want to go dancing or even drinking too much!

Dr. Edward Jonas Domanskis is Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery 1441 Avocado Avenue, Suite 307 Newport Beach, California 92660 949.640-6324/1.888.234-5080(Ca) Website: http://www.surgery-plastic.com Assistant Clinical Professor of SurgeryWOS-Plastic,University of California (Irvine) Orange County’s Physician of Excellence/America’s Top Physicians/Top Doctors Plastic Surgery- 2005/2006/2007/2008/2009/2012/2013 President,American Society of Bariatric Plastic Surgeons www.ASBPS.org

Non-Toxic, No Nanos Skin Care- www.ORGANODERM.com

Scar Therapy-www.ScaRxtape.com

butterfly3851
on 11/6/14 1:11 pm - TX

Thank you all for your replies - didn't think I could probably go but thought I'd ask before I stressed out about what to wear!  Knew I wouldn't be dancing or drinking!  

andrewt159
on 11/13/14 8:17 pm - beverly hills, CA

This surgery has significant downtime but it all depends on how much you take care of yourself post surgery and how scrupulously you follow the doctor’s instructions. I suggest that if you are not feeling up to it, you should rather take rest instead of going to the party.  

Most Active