Anchor vs bikini cut

lswaney
on 2/20/13 7:18 am - Whiteman AFB, MO

What did you get and were you happy with the results?  Trying to decide what's best for me.  Thanks 

exohexoh
on 2/20/13 7:58 am - West Chester, PA

i haven't had my surgery yet but the ps said i wouldn't have much of a difference with the anchor since my skin hangs low around my hips, and since it's a much less invasive scar with the bikini he recommended that for me.

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

acbbrown
on 2/20/13 10:09 am - Granada Hills, CA

I got the anchor cut and while the scar sucks....I believe it was necessary to get the figure/shape I got and get rid of all the excess skin as I had a massive upper roll. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

lswaney
on 2/20/13 10:15 am - Whiteman AFB, MO
My ps recommended the anchor also but also told me if I didn't want that then I could do the bikini. He said anchor would give me more of an hourglass and show my curves better. I don't mind the scar. I was also wondering if the healing time is longer then the bikini. And with the anchor are u unable to stand upright right away? Would I have to sleep in a recliner? Or would I be ok flat in a bed? Thanks so much for your help!
exohexoh
on 2/20/13 11:49 am - West Chester, PA

my surgeon said even with the bikini i wouldn't be standing totally upright for a week or so. 

<3 jen <3

<3 starting weight: 252 <3 goal weight: 135 <3 current weight: 151 <3

RNY: 9/27/10 <3 Extended Tummy Tuck w/hip & thigh lipo: 6/6/13

acbbrown
on 2/21/13 10:42 pm - Granada Hills, CA

I had my whole body done at once including the anchor cut and i never slept in a recliner - i was ok in a bed. 

You can't really stand up too straight right away, but i was up walking around within a day, and walking for 10-15 minutes a couple days after. It does take a little toll on your lower back to walk over slightly hunched but nothing too bad. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

dana8221
on 2/21/13 10:22 pm - Canada
To be honest there is not much "standing" going on right after... I got the anchor and the bigest difference is the elasticity of your skin above the current navel. I have a friend who had the bikini cut and she was definitely hunched over for a longer period than I was.

I am 3 months out and very happy with my results despite the scar.

Pats jan 18th to today 106lbs-Surgery jan 27th to today 96!!
melizabeth
on 2/24/13 11:12 pm - CA

I am scheduled for an extended tummy tuck on March 7.  My PS recommended that I NOT have the anchor cut.  I'm getting nervous.

Melizabeth

RYN 9/20/11--HW 211--CW120--Extended TT 3/7/13   

GOAL Weight 120 met 18 months post op

Amy Smith
on 2/25/13 1:21 am

I think this is a personal thing.  I had NO excess skin to my sides, more above my hips; therefore, a bikini cut took are of ALL of my skin issues.  If you are someone who did not lose in the upper waist area then maybe the anchor is right for you.  No 2 bodies are exactly alike so it really is a decision you and your plastic surgeon need to make based on your body!  I am extremely happy with my abdomin!

I may have had a few extra potholes along the way, but the journey has been good!   

• RNY- Christiana Institute of Advanced Surgery - Dr. Peters 8/09 
  • Medial Thigh lift & Brachioplasty - Dr. Macrea 7/2011  
  • LBL - Dr. Joseph Michaels (Sibley Memorial) 12/22/2011
  • Upper Body Lift with Mastoplexy - Dr. Joseph Michaels 12/20/2012

emelar
on 2/25/13 4:33 am - TX

I agree that it's an individual thing and depends on where you weight and excess skin is and how it hangs.  When I got my consult, I felt sure I'd need the anchor.  All three surgeons disagreed with me and said the bikini cut would be sufficient.  Talk to a few surgeons, but if they all say anchor cut, then that's probably what you need to get the best results.

Most Active