Anyone have a TT or LBL and NOT drop a size or two?

aphephobicfriend
on 1/14/13 8:07 am - Ocala, FL

I was just wondering this- I'm almost 6 weeks out, and I am the same size I was before. I can tell I am still swollen in certain areas, but I'm not even close to the next size down, so it seems like I may stay where I was (a 12). I had a TT with muscle tightening and lipo. I'm okay if I don't drop a size, my stomach definitely looks way better, I just want to start to adjust my expectations if its likely. Anyone else keep their pre-op size?

Ann

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Laura in Texas
on 1/14/13 8:33 am

Me me me!! I stayed the same size. I'll admit I was a bit depressed about that in the beginning, but I am fine with it now.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Crazeru
on 1/14/13 9:48 am

Raising hand too!  I'm still in my size 9 jeans.  They fit much better not having that extra skin in the front and back.  I did go down to a 38D from a 40 floppy D.  I have been in a 6 & 8 shorts, but I think they ran really large.  When I measured my hips they are 37".  It's really hard to get into most 5, 6, 7, or 8s with big hips.  I'm not in 18 anymore so I'm still a happy camper.

Chris
HW/225 - 5'1" ~ SW/205/after surgery 215 ~ CW/145~ BMI-25.8~Normal BMI 132 ~DS Dr Rabkin 4/17/08
Plastics in Monterrey - See Group on OH Dr Sauceda Jan 13, 2011
LBL, BL, small thigh lift, arms & a full facelift on 1/17/11
UBL 1/21/13
Love my Body by Sauceda

plum21
on 1/14/13 8:25 pm - Miami, FL

I'm happy I'm the same size. Same size without the muffin top. The pants fit and look much better. (I had an LBL) I'm also 6 weeks out but never had much swelling.

Tess145
on 1/14/13 9:47 pm - Senatobia, MS

I am in the same size too.  I had a FDL Tummy Tuck and my waist is much smaller but my hips keep me in the same size 12.  I plan on having the backside of the LBL done in April.  I hope that reduces my hips enough so that I can be a size 10 all over.

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

Kim S.
on 1/14/13 10:55 pm - Helena, AL

I had LBL on November 9th.  Until recently, I was wearing the same pants, but they fit much differently....the waist is much higher and I don't have any "dunlap" over the waistband.  This week I'm realizing that my corduroy pants no longer fit...they are 10's and are now just too big in the waist.  My  hips, however, are still broad....I'm very hourglass shaped.  I tried on some new skinny pants at New York and Company the other day and needed an 8-they are also cut "low rise" which is what I apparently need now because regular pants come up too high.

I really wasn't expecting to need smaller sizes (based on what I'd learned here)-I really just expected pants to fit better, which so far, they do.

HollyO59
on 1/15/13 2:06 am - NC

I am new to this website, I am glad I found it.  I had my WLS in June 2002.  After 10 years of fighting the excess skin and weight that comes with it and did I mention the rashes, I had my LBL on Nov. 13th, The PS said he thought I had 15-18 lbs of excess skin, however the day of the surgery he ended up removing 23 lbs of excess skin.  At the time of my surgery I was wearing 14/16's, however after only 2 weeks, I was wearing a size 10,  I am scheduled for my second procedure (an inner thigh lift, arm lift and breast lift with implants) on 2/14.  My surgeon said after my thigh lift, I should be about a size 8, maybe a 6.  I can believe the size 8 (not the 6) because the waist on the 10's are loose and I hardly have any butt left, but tight in the legs.  I also read other posts where people said they stayed the same size in clothes after their LBL, they just fit better.  I was just happy that I am in a smaller size and I look and feel much better.  

aphephobicfriend
on 1/15/13 2:15 am - Ocala, FL

wow thanks everyone. it seems much more common to stay in the same size than I imagined. I definitely fit better into my clothes, and it looks better, but my surgeon kept speaking as though it was absolute that I was going to lose a size or two. Being a 10 would be great. I guess I'll just cross my fingers and hope to keep shrinking. thanks for all the insight, as always :)

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Somedaysoon
on 1/15/13 9:00 am - MI
I had TT on Nov 19. 2012 7weeks out not and no. I still wear the same size and yes they fit differently however the procedure emphasized my hips and large thighs Overall I am very happy with the results

Starting Wt: 313 Surgery Wt: 286               

Shelly C.
on 1/20/13 5:02 am - Alameda, CA

Hi,

I am almost 6 months out, at about 6 weeks is when some of the lower body swelling subsided. I wore dresses and a pair of one up size jeans for at least six weeks, plus I wore my binder for at least 2 months to help. I am now in all my pre-surgery clothes with excepting of a couple of blouses and dresses that were not made for "C/d" breasts.

I didn't lose weight in fact, I am having a hard time losing the 5 lbs I gained. I had breasts lifted and augmented, flank lipo and full tummy tuck and my arms done.

What I have notice is most of my pants are lose on the waist or above the hip bones and my hour glass figure is very defined however my skinny jeans are still tighter in the thighs and across my bottom. I am going to hit the health club hard this week and see if I can get jump started again on losing this excess weight, or at least inches. I tried the pouch test last week and did not lose weight for the most part.

Technically I should have lost a couple of pounds after all the procedures, the implants weigh a couple of pounds, and I had 4 lbs of skin removed, not including the lipo. But exercise is the key, which I wasn't allowed to exercise for a few months due to the amount of muscle repair and edema I was having for the first 12 weeks. Which leads me to another thought, if you are still really swollen you may be doing too much.

Good Luck,

Shelly

Extended Tummy Tuck w lipo/Muscle Repair // BL/Aug // Arm Lift Aug 2012
Most Active