swelling after they remove the drain?

aphephobicfriend
on 12/27/12 11:46 am - Ocala, FL

Hey guys- I had my last drain from my TT removed at about day 18 or so... it was still putting out about 40-50 cc's or whatever their unit of measurement is, but it was really light fluid, and my surgeon didn't want to keep me on antibiotics any longer. He removed it on Christmas eve. Well, I started swelling on Christmas, and it keeps getting bigger and bigger. I now have a very large pooch slightly above where the drain used to be. I'm gonna call the doctors office in the morning, but does anyone know when the swelling is too much or when there may be a problem? I'm kinda worried about getting a seroma or whatever, and I really don't want to have to get fluid needle drained again (I had some after my WLS). any ideas as to how to know when its too much swelling? any ideas other than having a tight abdominal binder as to how to lessen the swelling?

As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
Supergirl7877
on 12/27/12 12:30 pm
Does it feel like a waterbed? I ended up with seromas in both thighs....your story sounds familiar. I am glad you are calling in the morning!
Most Active