anyone has PS outside of US?

aphephobicfriend
on 3/17/12 3:07 am - Ocala, FL
hey everyone,

after having major WLS complications and being pretty over doctors and hospitals, I've been thinking of having plastics. I lost 85 lbs and have kept it off for 3 years (actually, I think my surgery anniversary is this week!). I'm only 25 and I hate how much skin I have everywhere, and I got a consult with a US Plastic surgeon who quoted me about 13,500 I think for I guess what was essentially a lower body lift. (removal of the skin around stomach, tightening abdominal muscle walls, lipo). My parents are considering helping with this surgery instead of helping me with law school (at my suggestion).

My mom stumbled onto something about medical tourism and has really been interested in looking into me having plastics in India. I was wondering if any of you know anything about plastic surgery abroad, if any of you have had it, what you've heard, if anyone knows the names of any surgeons, etc etc. any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks

ann
As someone told me lately, everyone deserves the chance to fly!
godzilla
on 3/17/12 5:07 am - Israel
I live in Israel nut that was not what you meant by doing Plastics out of the States. Many go to Mexico to Dr.Sauceda. I have read fantastic things about him from posters on this Board. There is medical tourism in Israel too if you thought of that as an option I highly recommend my PS Dr.Josef Haik.
Mikimi in Israrl
Iam_with_the_Band
on 3/17/12 6:07 am
I went the Medical Tourism way with Dr Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico!  He's an artist and he does excellent work!  I've been there twice and have had 3 surgeries with him.  If your surgery is $7000 or greater he will cover your airfare up to $600.00 and he will pay for you to stay at the Hampton Inn for the time he requires you to stay.  He will also pay for your stay in the clinic with 24 hour nursing care.  His RN goes everyday to the hotel to help you shower, change your dressings and assist you any way you may need.  He also visits you each afternoon to check on your recovery. I cannot say enough about him and his staff!  Join his forum for more information and lots of current and former patient posts!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discuss ion/

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

allypad64
on 3/17/12 9:40 am - henderson, NV
I also went to Dr. Sauceda and I am extremely pleased.  I absolutely love my new body!  I have pictures posted in my profile but you will need to friend me and request the password.  I also cannot say enough good about Dr. Sauceda and his nurse Patty!  Patty was an absolute doll - I loved her!  She was so very helpful and kind-spirited - I have never gotten the type of care from a nurse in the US.  I just had surgery on Feb. 6th, so I am still healing.  I had a wound that opened (which is a normal complication of a LBL - and I fell on the wrong side of the odds).  I e-mailed pics to Dr. Sauceda and he instructed me on how to care for it.  It is healing nicely so I didn't bother Dr. Sauceda - and he actually e-mailed me the day before yesterday to check on me.  What US doctor does that??  

My husband was skeptical at first, but now he is very impressed with the quality of care that I received and the quality of work that was done to me.  Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions!

Allison

Plastics by Dr. Sauceda in Monterray, MX - 2/6/2012 (yippee!).  Lower Body Lift, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Butt Lift.

-VolsDiva-
on 3/17/12 11:44 am - Orange County :), TN
After extensive research and having two friends with bodies by Sauceda, I will be going in June. I have no reservations about my decision. Good luck on your search!

06/07/12 - Dr. Sauceda LBL, BL/BA, Arm Lift, Fat Transfer and Neck Lift

susie64
on 3/18/12 4:22 am
I happen to be in Mexico right now - I had my surgery by Dr Sauceda on 3/9.  Had a extended TT, arm lift and large thight lift.  I've had no complications and very little pain.   I came by myself and I'm glad I did - my husband would have been extremely bored.  He is not the adventurous type and I don't see him going out and doing a lot.  I am however, ready to get back to the states.  Dr S and his staff are wonderful.  His nurse Patty has come by everyday to help me with my showering and bandages.  If I would have been in the states, I would have been sent home and my husband would have had to deal with this every day.  I'm sure I will come back again when I'm ready to have my face done.  On a side note, I had all of these procedures done for about he same prices as you were quoted for a LBL.

But the main reason I came here is because I feel like Dr S is the best out of all the surgeon's I researched, including those in the states.  I never did research any other surgeon out of the states besides Dr S..  He does so much plastic surgery on us WLS patients.  No other surgeon in my area has that much experience in WLS patients.  And the before/after pics for those surgeon's was nothing compared to the results that Dr S has had.  I never had to ask Dr S for before/after pics - I only saw pictures of people from the Sauceda board.   I didn't just see his best work - I saw MOST of his work so I got a good feel of what all of his work looks like.

Good luck in your research - head on over to the board for more information and photos.

Highest Wt 278/Surg Wt 246/Current Wt 148.6/Goal Wt 145 (initial goal)   
brickchick
on 3/19/12 5:15 am
 I'm sure this sounds like a cheerleading section for Dr. S.  I'm going in May.  And for me it was truly about the quality of the work he performs as well as the aftercare he gives us.  Join the group and you will find MUCH more info.  

Good luck on your research.  We have all been through (or are going through) it.  

Alice

304/270/146/159/145
HW/Surgery/Current/Surgeon's goal/my goal
Plastics with with Dr. Sauceda on 05/03/2012
Brachioplasty/Extended Tummy Tuck with Anchor/BL/Med. Thigh Lift

Love my Body By Sauceda

Most Active