Seroma after brachioplasty

Donna C.
on 11/21/11 10:43 am - Durham Region, Canada

I had a TT and Brachioplasty on Nov 8th and now I have a seroma on my right arm - just found it on Saturday.  Anybody else have this happen - and what was done about it?

I have a call into my P.S. and have an appointment on Thursday......

HW/SW/CW/Orig GW/New GW   328/311/161/153/142   LOVE my RNY!!!!      

Lizzy25
on 11/21/11 2:28 pm
 I haven't had a seroma but I would if I didn't still have my drain in, I'm told. My PS said that if I didn't have the drain he'd have to go in with a needle and suck out the fluid. So I presume that that's what yours will want to do with the one on your arm. Sometimes it takes several aspirations over a period of days or weeks until it completely resolves. If the seroma is small enough sometimes they'll let you just put pressure on it and hope it absorbs on its own but they're also an infection risk (bacteria thrive in fluid collections) so your PS will most likely just do a needle aspiration. 
"The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." -Bertrand Russell
5'9 HW: 297 GW: 160 CW: 161
Iam_with_the_Band
on 11/22/11 2:49 pm
I had a seroma after my brachioplasty.  I went to my doctor here and he refused to drain it since it was near the elbow.  He said these are very common sites for seromas after brachioplasty and he didn't want to introduce an infection if I was willing to wait for it to reabsorp.  It reabsorped in a few weeks. 

I had a seroma that lasted much long after my long thigh lift - but it's gone now. 

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Gail S.
on 11/24/11 9:34 pm - New York, NY
I had one after my brachio this summer. First, they stuck a needle in it to try to get the fluid out, but nothing came out. They told me to wait a few weeks for it to reabsorb. It never reabsorded. After a month, the doctor reopened the incision and took care of it. Good luck  to you!

Most Active