you won't believe what the PS did!

ng
on 4/20/09 9:29 am - Southwest, LA
PS left too much skin during LBL & I ended up with a pot belly belly button.  I went in to set up lipo and was told i needed a TT.  I told him i wanted a waistline, and he said the only way to get that was do an anchor cut & that i didn't want that because i would get a scar up and down.  i told him i did not care if i had a scar.   i wanted a waistline.  he said ok, we do a tt with an anchor cut.  on preop visit i told him again what i wanted and said, if all you are going to do is TT, then we can just cancel this right now, and i keep the pot belly.     he told me i didn't understand and grabbed a marker and marked where he was putting the anchor and explained it to my like i was a dummy.  i said ok then we do surgery.

my surgery was post poned due to blood pressure being up from this discussion.  it was the bp cuff that they were using.

we waited 3 weeks, and rescheduled teh pre-op visit and surgery.  Again i told him that if the only thing he was going to do it TT where he stretched the fat area down lower-- then we were cancelling the surgery.  he again told me........ no i am doing the anchor, and grabbed my flesh and yanked it over and showed me what was going to be removed.

this morning before surgery, he marked me for anchor and said TT with anchor.  I woke up to find that i had a TT BUT NO FREAKING ANCHOR CUT-- in spite of paying extra for it.  The nurse listened in when i was talking to husband and the surgeon came in and told me that he did it his way but i got what i wanted.

I have no doubt that i have a fine job of ----------- what HE DECIDED I wanted!!!!!!!!!!!!!   So here sits one angry, fat, white woman!!!!!!!!   The nurse had the audacity to tell me to wait and see it tomorrow and if I am not happy with it--- then I can have it re-done!!!!    (Yeah, let me get a job at walmart and save my money so i can go back and do it again so he can again ---------------  decide for me what I want done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for listening.
akers123
on 4/20/09 10:08 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Did I read this right that this was all after you LBL?  WOW is all I can say.  And i am sure you have already paid him for what he was supose to do.

HUGS your way!!
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

ng
on 4/20/09 10:53 am - Southwest, LA
yep, I had to pay for a TT that i did not need to remove the skin he left and extra to him, anethesia, & surgery facility to get the anchor cut done.  all so i would get a waist line.  so he does TT, skips the anchor cut................... because hell, i am female and over 50, so heaven knows I don't have the right to decide what i want or to actually get it.  

what the heck........... shaft me............ I am old, I have no rights, and he no doubt expects me to go in tomorrow, and brag on what a wonderful job he did and how great it is.

it goes without saying that i will never go to him for a face lift or nose job........................ i would hate to wake up and find my chin or cheek bones done instead of my face.
(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 11:00 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
WOW I feel so bad for you.  How unfair!  I can't believe you had to pay for the TT in the first place since it seems the original surgery wasn't done correctly.
I truly hope that in that in a few days/weeks you will see the results you wanted.
FYI - If I were you I'd flippin' crazy over this.
Good luck to you.
Ruth
ng
on 4/20/09 12:29 pm - Southwest, LA
thanks  for you reply.  it means a lot.   the ps told me at original visit that the ONLY way for me to get a waist was to do an anchor.......................  so he did the very thing that i told him i did not want........... that i would cancel surgery and live with me like i was if he was only doing a TT.  so much for caring what i wanted.

but thanks.  i guess i can only recommend this ps now will be to tell people who ask...... go in and he tells you what you want, and it truly is what you already know you need, and if it is the opposite of what you want............... thank him, pay for the visit and run like hell to a different ps and start over.
gypsywoman6789
on 4/20/09 1:01 pm - Hudson, NH
Ok, so I know what a litigious society we live in but I'm a paralegal and have worked for an insurance defense attorney who also specialized in med mal and similar types of law. 

I AM NOT A LAWYER but I would consult with one.  You gave very specific instruction on what you wanted done, what you paid to have done, what you were not willing to have surgery for (just a TT).  This man put you under anesthesia which is always a risk to give you a procedure you didn't want.

And, correct me if I'm wrong, but why the hell should you need a TT after already having an LBL.  And how nice of the nurse to just say, oh well we can just do it again - go under anesthesia AGAIN, go through the recover AGAIN, take time off from work AGAIN, pay out of pocket AGAIN.

I say consult with a med mal attorney and then see how he feels about a woman in her 50's who doesn't know what she wants!
ng
on 4/20/09 1:36 pm - Southwest, LA
The problem is those instructions were given to him with has nurse present, and I feel sure that she will have very selective memory......... because her job is on the line.  (and, oh by the way, she had a tt with anchor from him in january................... so why would she give a sh&^ ... she got what she wanted, and probably go a nice fee reduction to boot!!!!!

But thanks.   I will now get what i want by all the free "damned by faint praise" recommendations that I give him.   (i think what i will say will be:  if you go in and he tells you that you need exactly what you have decided you need, then go for it.  But if he tells you that you need something different and then you discuss it and he agrees to give you what you want.................. run like hell because he is going to go in and do what he decided you want rather than what you pay him for)
gypsywoman6789
on 4/20/09 2:06 pm - Hudson, NH
Did he mark you up for the anchor while you were still awake?  That by itself would be pretty strong and you don't have to pay for med mal cases out of pocket so a consult couldn't hurt but you have to decide what is right for you.

Good luck.
ng
on 4/20/09 2:35 pm - Southwest, LA
marked me in first pre-op visit for anchor..................... grabbed my skin and yanked it to the middle during the second pre-op visit and told me again he was doing anchor.  then marked me for anchor this morning at surgical facility.

did the old........tell them what they want to hear, then do whatever the heck you want to when they are a body on the gurney............thing.    charged me the higher fee for tt with anchor instead of lower for only TT.    but he will pull the old............... once i was in surgery i realized that this wouldn't work because ...................blah blah blah crap. 

But thanks for pointing this out to me.  I will remember it if i should seek and find a lawyer here with enough guts to actually do something.

i plan to go to my appt tomorrow and read a romance novel in his face and ignore him while he does whatever.  if he says something............ i am going to say "so I am supposed to believe that suddenly today my opinion counts... sorry not happening"

of course his crap won't be that my opinion courts, but rather............ to convince me that i am stupid and to force me to believe that his opinion was really what i wanted after all.  but that is not happening either ................ so I plan to ask god to put him in a similar situation, and show him what it feels like to be a nobody whose does not even merit having the right to get what they paid for.

but thanks you did make me feel a bit better.
Kelly V.
on 4/21/09 12:57 am - Galion, OH
Can you see any benefit at all? 

I wanted the anchor cut to but he could not do it at that time due to blood flow issues and he is safe before risky.  But I am amazed and how curvy I am without.  I do have a tiny patch of skin which you can only see if I sit and bend over a bit that the anchor would have helped.  But he did such a good job I am thinking twice about the anchor.

You are better than I because I would be like give me a refund!!  Do the next for free!!  Bite me!  Something like that.
Most Active