recovery time after Abdominoplasty (sp?)

Roxanne_A
on 4/19/09 11:19 am - Arlington, TX
Okay so I work in a very high stress office job where it is hard for me to take a whole lot of time off so I am looking to find out the recovery time after an abdominoplasty? I have what I would consider a lot of skin to have removed and want to have it done soon. I have been approved and ready to move forward just want to know how long I will be out of work. The doc says at least 2-3 weeks. But I have seen longer than that out here and I want to get a few opinions.

Roxy~~~

Lap~RNY~05/28/07
"Every Day is a NEW Beginning"

kimmee2k
on 4/19/09 1:42 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Roxanne,
Everyone is diffrent. Everyone is diffrent. Depends on the health of your body how you progress. I was off for 2 week for the adminoplasty and when i had my Lower body lift and breast aug i was off for 2 weeks as well and i am a nurse who is on my feet 24/7 at work. Good coworkers to help will help you as well.
Good Luck and Best of Wishes

Kimmee
Angensam
on 4/19/09 8:01 pm - Atlanta, GA
I'm returning to work after 5 weeks, but I could have gone back at 4 weeks. I had an LBL and thigh lift. If your job doesn't involve lifting and a lot of bending, then you should be fine. Stress is another story. Clothes are often a challenge too. Some things are too big, some too tight from swelling but you can't really buy anything because you don't know what your untimate size will be.

Take off as much time as you can afford, but know that distraction from the recovery is also helpful and a job is very distracting! LOL.

Good luck.

Regina

Almost to goal!
Regina

Honeyblonde
on 4/19/09 11:03 pm - MN

I had a LBL and went back to work after 3 weeks.  I probably could have worked half days after 2 weeks but 3 weeks was better.  I still had the 2 drains in when I went back to work which was a little cumbersome, but not bad.  They are pretty easy to hide.

So much depends on you, your attitude and your pain tolerance.  It's very different for everyone.

Your Doc probably has a pretty good idea.

Good luck!

~ BJ

Kaycie
on 4/20/09 7:51 am
Roxy, I had my tummy tuck 3 weeks ago today.  I went back to work last Monday (2 weeks to the day).  I am an attorney in a high stress fast-paced office.  It is doable.  Just be prepared to be really tired when you get home. 

K.
DEBI R.
on 4/20/09 9:56 am - CORSICANA, TX
I'm going back to work Monday which will be almost 3 weeks off for me. I could have gone back this week but had 6 drains and couldn't bathe/shower until I got the last 4 out today so I wanted to wait until I could shower first.

Good luck with your surgery. Debi

____debi__________200.jpg image by tunie_2006 item11.jpg image by tunie_2006      

minuature pinscher 

Roxanne_A
on 4/20/09 10:04 am - Arlington, TX
Who did your surgery?
Roxy~~~

Lap~RNY~05/28/07

DEBI R.
on 4/20/09 10:18 am - CORSICANA, TX
Dr William Carpenter at Baylor Dallas did my surgery. I haven't had any problems and very little pain at all. I did have 6 drains that were bothersome but got the last 4 out today so that was a big relief and I get to shower tomorrow finally.

minuature pinscher 

DEBI R.
on 4/20/09 10:19 am - CORSICANA, TX
I forgot to ask who you're using for your plastics?

minuature pinscher 

Roxanne_A
on 4/20/09 12:28 pm - Arlington, TX
I am looking at John H alexander. Was yours covered by insurance?
Roxy~~~

Lap~RNY~05/28/07

Most Active