temporary disability

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/09 10:27 am
Have anyone been approved for temporary disability payments while recovering from tummy tuck?  New Jersey states if the procedure is just cosmetic then no money, if the doctor states it's  medically necessary then you will receive payment.  I'm scheduled to have my surgery at the doctors personal Medical Center within his office.
cbarrantes2
on 4/19/09 11:01 am
On April 19, 2009 at 5:27 PM Pacific Time, sherline1 wrote:
Have anyone been approved for temporary disability payments while recovering from tummy tuck?  New Jersey states if the procedure is just cosmetic then no money, if the doctor states it's  medically necessary then you will receive payment.  I'm scheduled to have my surgery at the doctors personal Medical Center within his office.

hi i am on disability for something else and just sent papers to nj as long as the papers say medically necessary they will cover.  I am looking to do plastics where did you go and did your insurance pick up any of it?

Thanks and wish you a speedy recovery :)

(deactivated member)
on 4/19/09 11:59 pm
I am scheduled to have a tummy tuck with Dr. Pelosi in Bayonne at his medical facility, but he does not take insurance.  He's charging 6,500 for a standard tt (bikini cut) with liposuction.  His prices are really reasonable, but his staff does not want to complete my disability papers for work.

I have a consultation with Dr. Lalla in West Orange, because his website states he takes insurance, so I am assuming he know what to ask for in order to get the insurance company to pay.  I have BCBS and my policy states NO cosmetic surgery approval, but it can't hurt to try.

cbarrantes2
on 4/20/09 12:59 am, edited 4/20/09 1:00 am

That's a good price however I do think that the office should be a little more inclined filling out your papers due to the fact that you will be their patient.  As far as insurance this is what I have researched and know.  Remember your are not looking for cosmetic surgery you are looking for "reconstructive surgery"  this is the difference because you are a WLS patient that has lost alot of weight.  As far as a TT some insurances only cover if the panni lies below the pubic so don't.  Some allow full TT some only mini TT.  Ask your insurance they would know and ask what are the requirements some insurance companies want you to have documentation from 6-12 months from one or two doctors.  If Dr. Lalla says that he will take insurance he should be familiar with what you would need.  If you could go through the insurance I think that would be better you save the 6500 plus more.  It will take time for the approvals and so on but remember it is medically necessary so you could even write off the expenses at the end of the year.  Let me know how Dr. Lalla works out for you.

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 3:06 am

Thanks for the advice; actually your explanation alone have made my day.  I agree that Dr. Lalla will probably be my best choice.  I'll keep you posted.

cbarrantes2
on 4/20/09 4:30 am

Keep me inform and let me know.  Remember to your insurance company all the information that you need. 

Good luck with your surgery!

Most Active