Confession and Question?

Danielle H.
on 4/20/09 12:54 am - Atlanta, GA
Anyone go through a period after PS where you are gaining between 5-7 lbs...I think I'm ok, but I swear I am eating more, smoking some and just generally not 100% happy right now.  I've got to get my eating back on track - I've been 'celebrating' a lot with friends and know it would just take a few days and it would be ok - but I lack motivation!

Help!  Could this just be depression....I've got a lot going on - work is slow, but good news last week that I will have a job going forward, man issues - his heart is not in it...I'll be fine, it was only 1.5 months and we're still friends, life stresses - cousin got married this weekend and it was a self done wedding which means I worked my butt off.

I desire to go workout but man I am tired~

Anyway, just need some encouragement.  My tummy feels all tight, like the incisions are stretching sometimes and it hurts- which I equate to the extra weight!  Help!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Breast Lift /Back Lipo 10/2008
LBL (Belt Lipectomy with Fluer de lis cut TT) 2/27/09
www.advancedobesitysurgery.com (Dr. Dennis Smith)
www.gaplasticsurgery.com (Dr. Sheldon Lincenberg)

gypsywoman6789
on 4/20/09 1:47 am - Hudson, NH

Sounds like you are going through a rough patch there, maybe you're overdoing it too much and some swelling is showing up again.

I've heard others post about depressions after the surgery so definitely pay attention to how you are feeling.

Could be your body is just trying to tell you to slow down, if I read it right your surgery was just shy of 2 mos ago, your body is still healing.  So don't forget to take care of yourself first!

Danielle H.
on 4/20/09 3:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Yep, not quite 6 weeks yet...but I guess in my feeble mind when the dr says you can do anything you want, that means get it in gear girl!  And off I go running around like a mad woman, doing stuff, bowling, working out occassionally, wedding stuff for my cousin...I swear I probably just need a rest.  Maybe its just time to relax a little and take it easy.

Thanks!

High Weight 260, Surgery Weight 218,  Lowest Weight 156, CURRENT WEIGHT 177, Goal Weight 140

Honeyblonde
on 4/20/09 3:06 am - MN

I can totally relate!  I'm not depressed or particularly tired, but it feels like I'm pushing the limits.  I've gained 5 lbs. in the last few weeks - just because.    My tummy feels all tight too which I attribute to the extra weight.

I know why I've gained a few pounds - grazing at night and over the weekends - and eating things I normally wouldn't.  My own damn fault.

But, enough about me!  You're going through a rough time and it's hard to get motivated but YOU CAN DO THIS!!!   First thing you need to do is get off your "pity-pot",  hold your chin up and say to the world, "no job and definitely no man is worth gaining the weight back".  Girl, you've worked to hard to get where you are to let anything set you too far back.  Tired isn't the same as lazy!!  And I'm an expert on lazy!   :-)

You'll be fine.  You've confessed and we've absolved you of any wrong doing.  Now, GO WORKOUT!!!   Me tooo!!

Hugs -

~BJ

Danielle H.
on 4/20/09 3:22 am - Atlanta, GA
Too funny - I so relate to the tight tummy and boy does it hurt sometimes!  I'm not sure its not a combination of both too much to do and too lazy at the same dang time.  I am still debating on going to body pump tonight - I know I feel good when I do it and yet, I'm tired...what will win out I don't know and won't until 5:30.  Got adjusted at the chiropractor and had a massage at lunch so that helped tremedously..

Thanks for the words and you too are absolved!

victoria R.
on 4/20/09 4:43 am - goose creek, SC

Danielle
Are you taking vitamins?  Have you had bloodwork lately?  I havnt had ps yet but I tend to get in slumps where I'm not eating right, the thought of excercise is revolting & can't stand myself because the number on the scale went in the wrong direction.  First you want to rule out any vitamin or thyroid issues then you're just going to have to fight your way out of it. Obviously this man wasnt right for you so forget about him, others will come along, you didnt have all of this surgery & come this far to blow it now.  Put the cigarettes down get off your hiney & do something walk, ride bike, go to body pump, dance, whatever your surgeon has released you to do just start moving to get those enorphins going YOU WILL FEEL BETTER AFTERWARDS.  Surrond yourself with individuals who will motivate you.  More than likely you're still retaining fluid so it's important to monitor your sodium intake & make sure you're drinking enough water.  Also I have to do this as well, plan your meals, make sure you have healthy options on hand.  I got into a rut over Easter week & had too much candy and basically felt gross, got it out of my system & I'm back on track & feeling better.  Hope this helps

Vicki
290/253/200/175
Highest/Surgery/Current/GOAL

Danielle H.
on 4/21/09 2:03 am - Atlanta, GA
Yep, vitamins are there and blood work will be done again next month.  Had a spell of what we thought was gallbladder pains, so just redid blood for that on Monday, but not sure what else he is checking there.  Had other labs in January and they were pretty good vitamin wise.  Thanks for the thoughts, its just a stressful time and I will make it through - poor eating leads to poor emotions and more coping mechanisms for me.  But I'm on day 2 with only 1 smoke yesterday morning.  I worked out and felt great, then ate more than I should have yesterday - focus is on getting the smokes out first and then food will become the thing again....one detox at a time!

We do always pick ourselves back up and I know staying on the boards helps me - even when I'm just encouraging others it makes me feel better.

I appreciate it!

(deactivated member)
on 4/20/09 8:26 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi Danielle,
I think after such a major surgery as you just had it is normal to go through some ups and downs.  Even with my recent arm surgery I've had some moody days and I have been so much more tired than I normally am...I'm hoping it's just because surgery was just over 3 weeks ago but will have normal blood check done pretty soon.

Maybe you need to just take it easy for a day or two.....how about going and getting your nails done.  A nice manicure/pedicure always lifts my spirits.  Also, take a look at some of your recent pictures...it will remind you of how GREAT you look!!!!!

Take it easy, don't over do things and go easy on yourself.

Hope you feel better real soon....
Ruth
Danielle H.
on 4/21/09 2:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks, I know its normal it just stinks.  We all go through these times really and I'll make it.  You'll be fine, just hang in there!  Today will be my day of rest, I worked out yesterday cause I needed a boost!

akers123
on 4/20/09 10:34 am - Charlotte Hall, MD
Oh a BIG BIG HUG my friend....  Let yourself get use to your new body.  You figure right after PS we didn't have much of an appetite.  I think once that appetite comes back it gets harder for us.  I have gained 4-5 pounds since my lowest after surgery which stinks, but I figure its ok. 

I haven't really been able to excercise much yet, still having some pain in my butt at times, so until I see Dr on Thursday I haven't been doing anything but walking longer hallways or parking farther away.

Stress can do it to us as well. Sorry things didn't work out with the guy, but I bet there is another one that will be perfect for you!! 

Hang in there and call me anytime to talk.

Hugs......ME
Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

Most Active