How long for follow up appt??

gypsywoman6789
on 4/19/09 7:00 am - Hudson, NH
I had my 10 day follow up on Friday, everythings going good.  But it just dawned on me that he scheduled my next appt for 3 mos from now.  Doesn't that seem like a long time?  I know I can call them anytime I have a question, like when can I return to exercising etc but wouldn't it seem like he'd want to see me between 10 days and 3 mos???
totalfreedom
on 4/19/09 7:23 am - Northern CA
Hi, I saw my doctor 3 times before going back home on the 11th day after surgery.  At that point we just checked in by email and picture email every week or so.  If I was local I assume I would have checked in with him each month in person.

I don't know what is normal, but what you are describing was normal for me because I was an out of towner and it worked really well.

Kelli
5' 1, 221pds to 120pds, BMI: 42.5 to 22.8, Size 22WP to 2P.  
Dr. Agha-Newport Beach, CA:  
12.29.08:TT/LBL/UTL/BL/Butt Aug!
 5.10.09: Face/Neck Lift,Implants,lipo, lower eyelids,fat transfer

gypsywoman6789
on 4/19/09 9:12 am - Hudson, NH
Well my surgeon is 2 hrs away, which is a haul but not that big of a deal for me to travel to.  He's in my state just way up north.  I kinda figured he would want to see me around the 6 week mark to check on my progress.  What if the swelling is still a problem at 6 weeks, how do I decide if its at a point that I should or shouldn't be concerned about??   He told me to wear my binder for at least another 3 weeks and longer if I want to.  I'm ok with not seeing him for 3 mos because I know I can call.  I just wondered what other peoples follow ups were like.
Most Active