residency programs

Mechelle J
on 4/18/09 12:09 am - Manchester, KY
How do you search for a residency Plastic Surgeon to do a Tummy Tuck? Is there a big discount?
Mechelle
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding"  Proverbs 3:5
Kelly V.
on 4/18/09 1:51 am - Galion, OH
I used the residency program through Washington University in Missouri.  I met with the resident and Dr. Myckatyn.  The prices are very reasonable and the work is great.  I had a total body lift.  Prices vary to be honest.  Not all the residency programs will do everything so you need to research that.  This one in St Louis does it all.  The one in Washington will do a  tummy tuck but not a LBL.   There use to be a link and maybe whoever has the link can post it again.

If you have a medical teaching hospital around you that is where to start.  Just ask!!  I found the prices to be the same as Mexico.  As with any surgeon the more you have done the cheaper the cost.
Redhaired
on 4/18/09 9:59 am - Mouseville, FL
You can find a list of Plastic Surgery Residency Programs at the following link.  You can then contact the individual programs to determine if they have a discount program.  I know the program at the University of South Florida offers a 50% discount on surgeons fees.  Of course the hospital, anesthesiologist and other costs are charged at the full rate.

Red

http://www.aacplasticsurgery.org/residentresource.html

Mechelle J
on 4/18/09 12:45 pm - Manchester, KY
Thank you....I will start contacting. I searched the net for hours and could not find this site.
Mechelle
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding"  Proverbs 3:5
Redhaired
on 4/18/09 1:22 pm - Mouseville, FL
You can also try googling the individual programs to see if you can get information.  Good luck and let me know if you find a good program.

Red

gypsywoman6789
on 4/19/09 6:22 am - Hudson, NH
Be sure to find out if the residency program offers a discount.  Two of the ones closest to my house did not because the surgeon still had to be present to supervise the resident.  But I was going to go to Mt. Sinai in Ny which isn't too bad of a distance for me (versus Mexico!) and I had heard that they can do 2 procedures at once (depending) and the cost was around $4k total so obviuosly a huge savings. 

I ended up getting a panni done at a teaching hospital but through my insurance.  Same hosp I had my GB done at.  This was one of the teaching hosp's that didn't offer any kind of a discount.  Although I suspect that I got a little more bang for my buck by going there, not sure if its because I am one of their GB patients or because the resident gets the practice, but my "hip to hip" incision extends way beyond my hip to the extent that I would call it an extended tummy tuck and I know that my insurance won't cover an extended tuck so maybe the hosp only charges the "regular" tummy tuck price to the insurance but gives the patient a little extra for the benefit of the residents.  Don't know, just my suspicion.
chell1957
on 4/19/09 6:32 am - Woodbury, NJ
Thank you so much for this post. I will share with my fellow OH'ers.

http://verticalsleevetalk.com/private.php
http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/wls_lightweights/

Most Active