UGH, tell me, has this happened to you?

whisperingliz
on 4/15/09 6:09 pm - paramount, CA
Have you ever bought a pair of pants and they fit you perfect from the waist and so tight from the butt and legs???????????  I didnt really want to get my thighs done, but geez, it's gonna be a problem buying clothes. This was the problem with my arms, now my legs?? Holy cow, i'm still swollen, and i don't know what pant size (from waist) i'm gonna end up with. My mother told me to buy larger pants and get the waist tailored... soooooooo complicated... oof!
cbhjr98
on 4/15/09 6:40 pm
I can totally sympathize with you... This was my problem before surgery. I was a size 2 in the waist but a size 5 in the thighs. I just had my LBL so I can''t wait for the swelling to go down and to see how clothes fit me after. I was frustrated about my thighs I refused to do just my tummy without my thighs. I had the hockey stick to my knee cut to get rid of more of my thighs. Hang in there!

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
happy girl
on 4/15/09 10:51 pm
for me usually things fit in the butt and legs and are way too tight in the waist   I do know once you find a good tailor you will love them forever

Oh, and Liz - I love, love, love your new avatar!

2003 RNY, 2007 Revision Distal RNY
April 17, 2009 ~ fleur de lis TT w/Muscle Repair, Medial Thigh Lift, Ventral Hernia Repair 

whisperingliz
on 4/16/09 12:16 pm - paramount, CA
I'm gonna start looking for a tailor now. Gotta get used to it, i know.

Thanks, i thought it was time for a change, i had the old picture for years and years.
droth
on 4/15/09 11:04 pm
Yes, yes, yes, yes!!!!  Give it time!  I was mortified - I had to wear my mother's moo-moo's for a while.  But then a miracle happened - my hips and thighs deflated!!!!  I could have kicked myself for getting rid of all my "fatty" clothes.  But then again, they would have been way to huge in the waist.  Just get stretchy "nice" pants for work and wear a nice button down blouse over top with a pretty necklace.  Only you will know and be self conscience.  Don't buy new pants and have them tailored - just a waste of money.  One day you won't be able to fit in your pants, and the next day you will try them on - and voila they fit.

Be patient - I know it is hard ****rtainly wasn't), but your swelling  will go down.  Then you will look at yourself in amazement!

gypsywoman6789
on 4/16/09 12:43 am - Hudson, NH
I had the opposite problem, my legs were a size 8/10 and my midsection was a size 12/14 so my pants always looked like clown pants around my legs but I had to buy the bigger size in order to button them! 

Just had my tt 9 days ago so I can't wait to see how things fit afterwards!  But with all the stories of how long the swelling lasts for some people I just don't know when that will be.  I have a cruise I'm going on the first week of July so I'm hoping by then (3 mos post op) I'll be able to buy some new clothes without worrying that they will suddenly be too big because there is still swelling that needs to go away!  Guess time will tell.

Good luck, keep us posted.
BigCityGirl
on 4/16/09 1:03 am - San Diego, CA
My biggest problem with jeans after my LBL is that I can't keep them up.  No matter what style - low rise, mid rise or high rise.  My butt is probably not plump enough.  I'm having a fat transplant in October - the thighs lipo'ed a bit and fat injected into my upper butt muscles.  Hopefully, I'll be able to keep my pants up! 
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Lynne R.
on 4/16/09 1:51 am - Houston, TX
At least you HAVE a waist - my waist and hips are the same size!

My waist measurement says to buy size 18-20 pants. My hips are size 10! Anything that fits my hips are way too tight in the waist.

Lynne

whisperingliz
on 4/16/09 12:21 pm - paramount, CA

So what do you do with pants? you have them tailored or you just buy a larger size pants and wear them loose from hips?

Lynne R.
on 4/16/09 12:58 pm - Houston, TX
I just buy them to fit my waist and spend all day tugging them up as they slide down my hips. I can't afford a tailor.

Lynne

Most Active