multiple procedures at once

Kimberlyd64
on 4/15/09 12:08 am
after having lap band sx 5 yrs ago (80 pnd weight loss) i ended up having a month ago...extended tummy tuck, alot of lipo, eyebrow lift, upper and lower eyes done, a few injectables and laser under the eyes...9-10 hour surgery sheeew! was tough but glad its done. its been a month today and i still have one drain tube. everyday i keep thinking ill be at the mark to get it out...but still close but not close enough.  the extended tummy tuck was rough but worth getting the hip area as well taken care of. it took me at least 2 weeks to stand straight. my surgeon was phenominal. if i would have had a regular with  my body type i wouldnt have been happy afterwards.  my thighs had big fat pockets and my butt sagged. now they are more tighter and the fat pockets are gone. i had a drain tube in my head that was removed a few days later...one drain tube in my lower stomach that was removed after week 2 and now this one is still attatched after week 4. its frustrating having it still but id rather keep it than having to have it drained.

good luck to all that elect to have surgery :)
Shirley H.
on 4/16/09 8:29 pm - Bradenton, FL
Wow you still have a drain in after 4 weeks ? OM I was hoping to go back to work like 3-4 weeks maybe not hu? how were you cut? the ancor or straight across I am thinking I am going to have the ancor I go for my final consult on Monday is there anything I should really ask I don't have alot of questions for him I know what I am getting into and I know no two people are the same but just wondering!
Kimberlyd64
on 4/16/09 10:29 pm
yes i do and its making me crazy lol. im going on 5 weeks post op now and drained at 70 yesterday. it has to be 30 or below. my incision meets almost to the center of my back. i had alot of extra skin in the hip and thigh area. wow what a difference now. still sore and swollen but not any pain if that makes sense. 3-4 weeks may be fine for you. you may hvae your drains out by then. i have read so many diff stories on here and yes it seems everyone is different.
good luck on monday and let us know how it is going for you :)

big hugs!
Most Active