Neck lift ????

-Mari-
on 4/14/09 10:34 am
Has anyone had a neck lift, neck lipo and lft? I have a lot of questions. What to expect, how long for recovery, did you have drains? How did you eat, how long did you have to sleep on your back? Any other advise?
Thanks so much!11
 Mari  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
MSHAMO
on 4/15/09 9:00 am - AUBURN HILLS, MI
Hi Mari, I just had a direct neck lift with muscle tightening done yesterday, so I really don't have the answer to some of your questions. I had the procedure done in my PS office, came home and didn't feel too good. I then took a pain pill and a little nap and ,voile', I felt much better. Of course, there is a little discomfort, but the pain has been more than manageable with the pain pills. I actually drove myself to the PS office this morning for my first checkup. I really have only been eating smoothies, but they said no really hard chewing for a week. Still sleeping in my lazyboy chair. No drains, little recovery, I really have no swelling, he said I look great. I can't believe the difference. LOVE IT!! Good luck, Nancy
High/VSG/Surgeon Goal/My Goal/Current 257/242/170/155/141  I love my sleeve!
5' 3.5"    Plastic Surgeon: Dr. Raymond Hajjar, Bingham Farms, MI   Extended TT, muscle repair, lipo & hernia repair 2/25/09  Direct neck lift and muscle repair  4/14/09  Short scar lower face lift, more neck work and lower bleph 9/15/09
-Mari-
on 4/15/09 9:33 am
Nancy,
Wow, just one day out. Keep me informed. You sound like you're doing great. Did you have lipo? I hope I do not have to get drains. I had them for my tt, hated them. I cant believe you drove yourself for your check up. My DH will be gone and I was wondering If my teenager would have to drive me.
Mari
Kathie L.
on 4/15/09 9:20 am - Castaic, CA

Hi Mari,

I had a neck and lower face lift done in 11/2008 at the same time I had a breast lift w/ augmentation and brachioplasty (arm lift). I just had a lower body lift done on 3/20/09. I must say that the face lift was the most painful procedure of all of the above. For me, on a scale of 1-10, my neck/facelift was about an 8. It's now 5 months since that surgery and I'm still recovering (still some pink on my neck) and still slight swelling behind my ears.

My surgery was performed on a Friday and the drains and bandages were removed the following Monday. I didn't have any problems eating because of the surgery ... just didn't have an appetitte for awhile. When it did return I made a point to eat a lot of calories to regain the weight I had lost since my two surgeries were only 4 months apart.

I slept on my back for quite awhile and now I'm back to sleeping on my recliner again and haven't returned to bed yet. It's just more comfortable on the recliner. I guess I returned to bed after 2 weeks from my first surgery but had to use a really soft pillow (one with little beads). It was my ears that hurt the most. They felt like they were in a vice-grip. In addition to my ears being very swollen, I had staples and sutures in front of and behind my ears. Would I do it again? In a SECOND! I have some photos posted on my profile and you can take a look.

I'm 57 and before my plastics I felt like I looked 90. I now have the body of 40 year old...and feel fantastic!!! I'm happy to talk to you if you have other questions.

Kathie

California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
-Mari-
on 4/15/09 9:39 am
Kathie,
Wow, you had a lot done in a short amount of time. My arms will need to be done, eventually. My ps said they have to have all the fat gone to look good. They are still huge. I may have to have my boobs done, too. Right now they are still there. LOL I guess if I have to have drains, at least it's nice to hear they wont be there too long. I had a tt and hated the drains, they hurt. Did you lose your cheek bones? I've read somewhere that you do after a neck lift and lfl. I will look at your pictures. I will probably be pm'ing you for further questions, thanks so much.
Mari
-Mari-
on 4/15/09 9:44 am
Kathie,
You look wonderful. I don't think you had lipo, no fat on your neck. lol You look way younger than your age. Great job!!!
Kathie L.
on 4/16/09 12:56 am - Castaic, CA
Thank you, Mari. It's been a long journey having 4 major surgeries in 18 months. I'm so happy to be finished with everything and really begin to heal. I did have some lipo on my neck...not sure why because I really didn't have a lot of extra fat, just lots of skin. I lost all of my weight before I began my plastics, however when the doctor did the lower body lift he removed 11 lbs. of skin/fat. Unbelievable. I'm 5 ft. 7.5 in. tall and now weigh 134...I haven't been this thin since I was 11 years old. I'm wearing  a size 4-6 (size 22 1.5 years ago).

You'll get there...hang in there. Please let me know if you have other questions. I'll be posting photos soon of the lower body lift but I still have some swelling in my lower back area.

Kathie
California Kathie
RNY - 10/07
Rt. Hip Replacement - 4/08
Upper Body Lift - 11/08 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Lower Body Lift - 3/09 (Dr. Timothy Katzen)
Most Active