Hysterectomy then plastics

trudie74
on 4/13/09 11:40 am - Round Rock, TX

Do you guys think 6 weeks is enough time to recover enough from a hysterectomy to have body contouring done after?  6 weeks seem so soon, but given my summer schedule that is what I am looking at...hysterectomy then 6-7 weeks later plastics.  Doc said it is ok barring any unforseen issues with the hysterectomy.

What would you say based on your experience?

Thanks!!!

AbidinginHIM
on 4/13/09 3:40 pm - Ontario, CA
I had my hysterectomy last May 7th, then the LBL on June 7 - 4 1/2 weeks later. The bad part was the total amount of time without intimacy. I had complications post LBL that really didn't make regular sex a possibility till October.
(repeat surgeries, drains in the crotch for several months, etc)
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
trudie74
on 4/13/09 9:10 pm - Round Rock, TX
LOL I hadn't considered that one...I can see how it might play out like that though.  But you were mentally and physically ready for another surgery so soon after the hysterectomy?

AbidinginHIM
on 4/14/09 1:54 am - Ontario, CA
I think that I was.  I really wanted to do my LBL 4 weeks later, but the date wasn't good for my surgeon, so I took what was available.  Now, I'm glad that I did it that way, and overlapped part of my recovery.  I would have probably pushed myself too hard from weeks 5 - 8 post hysterectomy because I felt so good.  I had the LAVH procedure for my hysterectomy, and aside from being tired, I felt really good after about 3 weeks. 
Jennie

31 lbs lost before surgery
cleos_mom
on 4/14/09 1:19 pm - phila., PA
why can't you get them done at the same time.?
I had a hysterectomy & TT with muscle tightening at the same time the *s opened me then the GYN took everything out, I had a total hysterectomy hten the PS did his thing and closed me up.
recovery was the same. I had no problems but I wouldn't want to go thru that surgery twice.
Good Luck
trudie74
on 4/14/09 9:22 pm - Round Rock, TX
I am wanting  tt, breast aug with lift, and thighs done...h says this is too much at one time to do with the hysterectomy ideally.  So, since using the surgical clinic is a ton less than the hospital I can do the hysterctomy first  at the hospital then follow with all 3 plastics at the surgery center.  My original plan with to do TT, breasts and hysterectomy...which he said would be ok, but adding thighs pushed it to the limit in his opinion.

Most Active