What about calves?

musicorrie
on 4/13/09 11:43 pm - Houston, TX
Has anyone had lipo or lifting of the calf area?  Most of my excess weight was and is stored in my legs.  I know I'd like to get some de-bulking and lifting of the thighs, but I don't want to be left with big ol' calves that look out of place.  Is there anything that can be done for that area?

Thanks for any info!

Corrie
300/175

cbhjr98
on 4/14/09 12:23 am
I had lipo of the calves done on April 2nd. It's hard to find a surgeon that is 1) willing to do the area and 2) experianced doing calves. My surgeon took 200cc out of each calf. WARNING: lipo on the Calves hurt more than the rest of the LBL combined for the first 2 weeks. (It's starting to fade now but still hurts like a *%&)... (has you walking on tippy toes for awhile - LOL). This is not just me... if you google calf lipo and find people/surgeons who do it they will also tell you first and foremost: PAIN followed by "more pain with not substatial results". (basically - not worth the bang for the buck). I disagree however, having fat calves, I think it will make a huge difference once the swelling goes down but most people dont have larger deposits in the calves like me [us] to make it worth the pain. It's also very difficult because of the nerves and muscles so close to the surface and fat deposits that make it a more risky operation which is another reason not many PS do it.

Hope this helps,

Cass

Starting BMI under 45? Join us on The Lightweight Board. 
HW:257ish / SW:205 / CW:110.4 / GW:119.99
musicorrie
on 4/14/09 5:34 am - Houston, TX
Thanks for the info, Cass!  I'll definitely ask about it when I go in for consultations, just in case.
Spring has Sprung

Corrie T.

300/175/145
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/09 12:33 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'm in the same boat so I'm researching options for the calves also.
I've found that most Dr's don't do anything with them but Dr. Agha in CA will do Lipo and will also tighten them with a procedure similar to an arm lift......the incision runs down the inside of the leg from knee to ankle.  You may want to contact him if you want to know more....

Good luck with your search. 

Ruth
musicorrie
on 4/15/09 12:26 am - Houston, TX
Thanks, Ruth.  Yikes, what a scar that would be!!  Something to consider, for sure...
Spring has Sprung

Corrie T.

300/175/145
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/09 12:37 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Yep the scar is always a big consideration........
By the time I'm all done I'll look like a road map.
Ms Shell
on 4/15/09 8:32 am - Hawthorne, CA
Well I got to see a Dr. Agha calf scar when I met him back on 11/1/08.  I'm not sure how old the scar was on the patient, but I swear it looked like I took my finger nail and drew a line down her leg!!  Impressed to say the least...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active