Can I be bold and ask?? Will you be bold and answer??

Elissa1103
on 4/14/09 10:28 am - IA
Hi there,

I am starting the journey of looking into plastics.  I know that I have over a year before I cross that bridge but, in order to get it, I am going to have to start saving now!

With that being said...where did you get it (in the states or out of the country) and how much did you pay for your procedure?

I don't know if I am being impolite in asking this so please know that I am NOT trying to be rude.  I am just a girl looking to start getting as much info as possible.  If you don't feel like sharing, that is ok!

Thanks in advance!
Elissa
malynn
on 4/14/09 10:34 am
Elissa,
I have only had BA and am having a TT next week.  I will definitely say that prices vary according to the doctor and the region of the country you are in.  I am in the South of Mississippi.  I paid $4600 for breast augmentation(that was implants only...no lift) and I paid $4900 for my tummy tuck.  These were completely different times so the cost of the anesthesia and surgery center are included for each time.  I believe the actual cost for the surgeon was $3500 for each procedure.

musicorrie
on 4/15/09 12:24 am - Houston, TX

Mini-hijack:  Girl, what city are you from??  I'm from South Mississippi too... Poplarville, if you know where that is.  It's tiny, so you may not. 

Spring has Sprung

Corrie T.

300/175/145
malynn
on 4/15/09 1:08 am
I'm in Biloxi...what a small world!
akers123
on 4/14/09 10:38 am - Charlotte Hall, MD

Your not being rude at all, that is what this board is for to ask questions.

I had a LBL in Virginia and it was $12,000 total for Dr Fee's, Hospital and Anastassia.

Again, don't be afraid to ask....We all have done it!

Kristi Akers
Gastric Bypass - Feb 6, 2004
Lower Body Lift - Feb 25, 2009
Breast Lift/Lipo - Dec 7, 2009
Upper Body Lift/Arms - Feb 23, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 4/14/09 1:00 pm - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi,
Don't feel bad.......I asked the same question when I was starting out too.

All of my procedures have been done or will be done in the States.

My Breast Reduction/Lift was covered by insurance but I think it would have cost me $5,500
My Brachioplasty cost me just under $5,600 (I paid it all)
My Lower Body Lift will cost me somewhere around $14,000
My Inner Thigh lift will cost me somewhere around $5,000
My Butt Aug will cost me somewhere around $5,000

Hope that helps...feel free to ask questions......
Ruth
not_quite_Barbie
on 4/14/09 10:30 pm
I had a TT and BA at the University of Virginia through the resident program. They give you a discount on the surgeon's fee if you let a resident do it. The total was just under $10k, whi*****ludes surgeon fee, anesthesia and OR costs, binders, plus the extra $2000 for silicone implants.

There is usually an hourly rate for the OR, ditto for anesthesia. So the more procedures you get done at one time the longer it takes and the more it costs. The surgeons seem to charge you a set rate per procedure plus an hourly rate and it seems to be cheaper if you can combine procedures. Go figure.

Some surgeons will only combine procedures that are on one side of the body - so you can get a TT and BA/BL at the same time, or the arms and breasts. Other's will only do top or bottom at a time so you can't do the tummy and arms together.

Keep checking in here are reading the posts, you will learn a lot!
5'4" start weight 233, current 122 lb.
RNY 9/07
TT/BA 3/09
LBL 4/10
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/14/09 10:37 pm - OH
Prices vary a lot by location, by individual surgeon, and by facility (full hospitals charge more than surgical centers).  My insurance paid for my panniculectomy (they paid just under $10000 of a $28000 hospital and surgeon bill for surgery and an overnight stay!!!).

My PS uses a surgical hospital (they have overnight care, but only for surgical recovery) and I paid $8000 for a brachioplasty (arm lift) and mons lift (I unexpectedly had to stay overnight -- although that is usually not the case -- so that was $300... it would have been $7700 without the overnight stay) and I paid $5700 for my reverse TT (there was s slight "return patient" discount applied to the surgeon's part of the TT cost).

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

megameggs
on 4/15/09 7:13 am - FL
My first round of surgery is coming up in a few weeks... brachioplasty, mastopexy (breast lift), and implants. For everything (including anesthesia), it's $9,884. I got quotes ranging from $7,000 (teaching hospital) to $17,000.

Vist my weblog at www.megameggs.wordpress.com

droth
on 4/15/09 9:02 am
I live in Northern, Virginia and my price for surgeon, hospital, and anesthesia was approximately $14,000.  It just depends on where you live, what hosptial you go to, etc.  I ended up staying an extra night and had some unexpected complications.

Most Active