Shout out your favorite Mexico/Brazil Plastic Surgeon!

Star Jones
on 4/12/09 11:31 pm - National Harbor, MD
Hi, plastic surgery board. I'm in the research phase of getting plastics and prob won't have it done till 2010, but I'm anal and want to make sure I know everything about the surgeon before going since you meet most of them for the first time upon arrival. I am prepared to go out the country and wanted to find out who you used/heard good refferrals about/ horror stories?

I have narrowed it down to either Brazil or Mexico for surgery. Over the weekend I had a consult with Dr. Kuster from Brazil who was here in DC. I need plastics in 1 or 2 rounds. First round will be breast lift w/ no implants, tummy tuck, mini arm lift through the armpit, and maybe fat transfer butt lift. Or round 2 will be full butt augmentation with implants. (Still deciding on the booty lol)

Thanks for your help!

~Shani~
I've been pudgy, chubby, thick, and now fat........Imma give thin a go round!!!

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162
94 Lbs down...6 more to go...changed goal to see Onderland for a hot second!

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/09 12:41 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Just curious; why have you already decided you have to go out of the country?  There are lots of great surgeons across the country.....you can do telephone consults with surgeons out of your local area......at least staying in the U.S. it would make it easier for Post-Op care (in my opinion). 
Star Jones
on 4/13/09 12:59 am - National Harbor, MD
Hi Moosie!! Well my number one reason is COST!! Although my insurance covers breast reduction and pannis I wouldn't meet the requirements. From being on this website and "meeting" lol lots of folks I've been nosey and inquiring about thier prices paid. The quotes I've researched from Brazillian and Mexican surgeons is sometimes HALF of what US doctors are charging. I have to be very careful about my butt surgery in particular everyone does not do them well. There's an excellent butt guy close to me, well he charges 15K JUST for the butt. Where I could go to the mecca of beautiful butts, Brazil, and get a whole new butt for 7K!

Dr Kuster gave me a quote of 11K for extended tummy tuck, breast lift/reduction w/o implants, arm lift (lipo and skin removal through the armpit), and 2 zone lipo. He's comin back to DC in Oct and said he would give me a final consult then, and I prob won't need the lipo after I lose my last pounds. Hopefully my arms don't get worse because then I won't be able to get the scarless lift and will have to get the vertical incision. He was a very charming, funny man and I felt very comfortable with him. I'm just looking for other surgeons for comparison.

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

(deactivated member)
on 4/13/09 1:51 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
Hi!
I understand the need to consider cost, I've been doing the same with my decision.

I've found a few surgeons some in my state some out of state and gotten what I think are reasonable rates but then I never looked into going to Brazil or Mexico so maybe it would be a whole lot less expensive.

Send me a PM if you want to chat about the pricing I've gotten within the U.S......

Whatever you decide to do I sure hope it gives you the results you want, is an easy procedure and a speedy recovery... 

Good Luck!
Best wishes
Ruth
runnergirl
on 4/13/09 1:04 am - Canada
 Morning!!! I want almost the same thing that you want!!! Tell me about the mini arm lift , is it a common procedure? i would think there would be no issue with scars. I have just started looking myself, I found one Doctor in Mexico named Sauceda, in Monterrey. I had my boobs done the last time I lost all my weight and one of the local guys did them. He was wonderful and now does plastics for WLS people. I am thinking of sticking at home, if his procedures are current. The arm procedure you want really interests me, hmm may have to call him and start the research!!! Keep me posted on what you find.By the way, hope your Easter was fabulous!!!

Heather

Star Jones
on 4/13/09 1:33 am - National Harbor, MD
Hey Heather! I don't even know if it's common. I heard of the mini arm lift but never knew what it was until Dr Kuster showed his slides. He said the incision would be made in the arm pit and the rest of the batwing would be lipo-d through there and they would pull the extra arm skin to the pit and then cut and suture. I forgot to ask him about having the hair follicle part removed. The arm looked great! I think that if I can't get the mini lift I rather have nothing done at all. I just don't like that scar. I have bookmarked Dr Sauceda's page and will be looking into him too. I remember a website one of his patients did that was in love with him. We'll have to keep each other updated with info. I am hoping to go down with a buddy that's also having plastics done. Nothing like a lil nip-tuck with a girlfriend lol

I had a very relaxing Easter and I need to go out and scout out 1/2 price Reese eggs now LOL. Gotta love the candy with protien!! 

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

Susan S.
on 4/13/09 1:56 am - Roselle, NJ
 As someone who has gone through three rounds of plastics I'm gonna shout out that you should really think seriously about going with someone local.  I know cost is a huge factor for all of us - but I had an almost flawless experience with my procedures (pictures on my profile) and let me tell you - a great deal of followup is required.  Three times a week for the LBL and almost that much for the medial thigh lift.  I can't imagine having a surgeon a significant plane ride away.  I also have seen a butt augmentation - and the recovery is very challenging....so again - if it's a matter of only affording it if you go out of the country - I would do less and pay local.   The most difficult stories I've encountered with post massive weight loss surgery recoveries involved long distance surgeons - we are prone to more wound necrosis etc. (thankfully I avoided all that) and having my surgeon 20 minutes away made a huge difference in my recovery and outcomes.     Susan
Obesity Help Support Group Leader - The Woman Warrior
286/170/131 (starting/goal/current)
LBL - 10-30-08, brachioplasty/augmentation 2-26-09, medial thigh lift 3-16-09
Plastics - Dr. Joseph Fodero

286/170/140/131 (starting weight/goal/surgeons goal/current)

LBL 10-30-08 - Joseph Fodero
Brachioplasty/Breast Augmentation - 2=24-09

Star Jones
on 4/13/09 3:45 am - National Harbor, MD
Thanks Susan for your concern. One thing I will be talking things over with my PCP to see if he will be available/refer me to someone that could help me if something goes wrong. One thing I do like with Dr. Kuster is he uses lymphatic massages to aid in healing process. This results in drains being pulled faster and stiches able to be removed faster. I would have to stay at least 15 days for my plastics. I will be looking at different surgeons in the area inculding a teaching hospital, a few patients I know have had good results. I would not consider them for my butt but will get a consult for tummy and breast lift.

Just wanted to see what others had to say about any of the Mexico and Brazillian surgeons.

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

Peach
on 4/13/09 9:25 pm - savannah, GA
Hey Star! I am 6 weeks out from my plastics with Dr. Saucedo in Monterey Mexico. He is an artist! I had excellent care and am very VERY happy with my results so far.  I had a LBL, BL/BA, Brachioplasty, inner thigh lift, vaginal rejuvenation and a face lift done. I was there for 16 days and the cost for everything including food and the airfare was under $20,000.
Jamie

Jamie K.  SW  /  CW / GW
360 / 157 /  150  
Plastics 3/3/09 In Monterey MX.

Star Jones
on 4/13/09 10:14 pm - National Harbor, MD
Hi Jamie! Jeesh, you had a lot done! Tom was just talking about you last weekend when we saw Dr. K. We were trying to remember who you went to. I'm sure I'll be asking you more questions about Dr. S!

~Shani~

SW-262, size 18W, 5'6"
CW-168 1/15/2010
GW-162

Most Active