Forearms

sugarluv
on 4/13/09 3:02 am - cumming, GA
Does anyone have ideas for the forearms?  I had my upper arms done and I workout w/weights,,,,my forearms look old & wrinkled.  The  ps said there isn't a surgery for the forearms.....so has anyone had thermage or  any other  procedure for that area?    Thanks Sugar
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/09 3:56 am - West Central FL☼RIDA , FL
I'd be interested if anyone has a suggestion too as I'm in a similar situation....my forearms a little loose.... I just figured I have to live with it.
BigCityGirl
on 4/13/09 4:34 am - San Diego, CA
I didn't hear this from my plastic surgeon but on TV from Sharon Osborne, of all people.  She had PS on her forearms.  I don't know what she had done but there might be a procedure out there.  I have some sun damage and old-lady wrinkles that I'm going to get lasered at some point but that doesn't tighten skin as far as I know.
Surgeon: Joseph Grzeskiewicz, M.D., F.A.C.S.
La Jolla Cosmetic Surgery Centre
Redhaired
on 4/13/09 5:38 am - Mouseville, FL
I will be getting a revision on my arms that will take the incision below the elbow.  My forearms are awful.  I do not want the scar all the way to my wrist but I can live with it shortly below the elbow.

Red

jengadog
on 4/15/09 12:17 pm
your forearm has a very small muscle....i find that weight training has helped alot....i had my arms done 1 year ago and have been working out 3x a week.....work out with heavy weights on biceps triceps and fore arms......you will see an improvement......also squeezing a rubber ball will help as well.......while your driving to work keep a ball in the car and rotate hands...it works....patty
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/15/09 9:39 pm - OH

Some surgeons (but apparently not many) will do a"lift" where they can use the lowest part of the incision from the brachioplasty (at the elbow... I'm not sure what they can or can't do if your brachioplasty incision doesn't go that far down) and pull the skin "up" from the lower arm toward the upper arm (in a similar fashion to pulling the skin in a tummy tuck).  Apparently there are a couple of problems with this procedure: mostly, surgeons don't do it because it can only help to a limited degree and the results often are less than spectacular; there is also a relatively high rate of problems with the incision there (something about the direction of the skin tension and the way our elbows move).

(This is not first-hand info, BTW... a friend of mine looked into having it done last year) 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active