Recent Posts

poegirl100
on 3/14/16 10:16 am - Cibolo, TX
Topic: RE: Sometimes, When Life Knocks You Down -- It's Hard To Get Up

Sweet Cindy, I'm glad to hear from you!  I will tell you what I do when the "blue funk" threatens to descend.  I LEARN something.  It's the best antidote to depression that I have found.  I get mentally engaged in learning something new--a craft, a point of history, a horticulture thing--whatever.  If I can keep my mind busy, I find I can get through the day better.  

Not trying to minimalize your depression at all!  It's real and it's painful and it's hard to overcome.  I'm so thankful that you are feeling better.  Please keep posting.  We will bolster you up, if you'll just let us try.

Love you, dear!

Vickie 

poegirl100
on 3/14/16 10:13 am - Cibolo, TX
Topic: Time change Monday

Good morning sistas!

Is the time change messin' with everyone the way it's messin' with me?  Honestly.  What fool thought this crazy scheme up?  We are all mixed up around here.  Fortunately we don't have to get up and go to work.  I remember those days.  It was miserable until I got adjusted.

Today I am trying to play in the dirt again.  I never did get a single plant potted up yesterday!  Instead we took Caralee for a drive.  A looong drive!  It was the best solution we could come up with to stop her from crying.  However, it's already after noon and even though I have on my "dirt clothes", I still haven't gotten anything planted!  Babies!

Got some business to take care of this week.  So I need to make the most of my time.  It's been over an hour since I started this post!  I'd better close.  Love you all!

Vickie 

Cindy P.
on 3/14/16 7:21 am

Trish, I feel a LOT better!  It was a fairly steep hill to climb -- but, with the help of my doctor, I made it to the top!!

Hugs and kisses.

Cindy P.

Patricia R.
on 3/14/16 5:52 am - Perry, MI

Good Morning Cindy,

I've struggled on and off with depression all my life.   I have quiet times here myself.  It sometimes seems too hard to just say hello even.  I hope you are doing better now.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

poegirl100
on 3/13/16 6:30 pm - Cibolo, TX
Topic: RE: Sunday and I'm in Sunny Florida!!!

SNEAK PEEK!!!  Our photographer posted just one of the bluebonnet pictures on FB this evening.  Look at my boys!!!  I am over-the-moon happy with this shot!

I can only hope the rest of the shots turn out as great as this one!

We've had a quiet day.  Not a lot to report.  Time change has us all screwed up, as usual.

I haven't read all the posts from today yet, so I'll go do that now.  Just had to share this pic of my boys in the Texas bluebonnets.  

Love you all!

Vickie 

mermaidoz
on 3/13/16 5:24 pm, edited 3/13/16 10:21 am - Canada

Yes, if it gets too complicated to figure out what can eat and can't, will consult a dietitian for weekly food diet. The blood test Report tested 222 foods and found me sensitive or intolerant to 84 of them ...the Spinach, grapes and Peaches still has me most surprised. GF intolerances too as thought I was a mild Celiac.

Can I see your dog's vet or  dietitian? Need someone really understanding.

Hugs,

Jen

Cindy P.
on 3/13/16 5:10 pm

Thank you Jen, for responding to my post.

I read yours yesterday (?) about all the foods you are sensitive to.  Wow.  I can understand why it was shocking.  I hope that you start to feel soooo much better by eliminating those foods.   I know it's going to be hard in the beginning -- to adjust to a new way of eating.  I was wondering if seeing a dietician to come up with an eating plan and recipe suggestions could be of any help.  I know it's not the same thing -- but our dog has a lot of food issues and serious conditions that are exacerbated by eating his trigger foods and it has gotten to be expensive and almost a full time job to get it figured out.  Our vet has been able to provide both support and ideas which have been invaluable.  I'd like to think that the same support will be made available to you. 

Hugs and kisses.

Cindy P.

mermaidoz
on 3/13/16 5:01 pm - Canada

Cindy: glad you are posting. Hear you on the not posting as guilty myself. I call out people I think are trolls, posting here very  irregularly over more than ten years and have had no surgery, but you are not one of them!

Hugs, Jen

Judy G.
on 3/13/16 2:53 pm - Galion, OH
Topic: RE: Sunday and I'm in Sunny Florida!!!

Its not the procedure I am worried about its taking ALL the medications after it!!!! I HATE TAKING MEDICATIONS!!!!!!!!! And not taking all at one time having to sort them out taking one at a time this way and that way...not eating for an hour after one blah blah blah....the list goes on and on....I HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views