Hello

yvonnef1964
on 9/10/17 4:38 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi,

Thought I would update about my life, good and bad things.

In August, I went kayaking for the first time. It was really fun and enjoyed it. Also went to a Christian music festival and went by myself until the people I knew showed up. It's hard for doing things by myself so I consider that a win and I enjoyed myself.

Finally getting some help with binge eating but this week was hard on me, my SIL was diagnosed with liver cancer in June and she passed away on Tuesday so my eating been out of control. Starting tomorrow I will get back to my plan and do better.

Hope everyone is doing good.

I really miss the action on here, so I hope people come back and start posting.

Yvonne

Ready2goNOW
on 9/16/17 6:15 pm

Hi Yvonne!

Tried to reply via my phone days ago, but I needed my password to get in & couldn't remember it! am my laptop now.

That I cool about going kayaking! I never considered it while obese, and now I just don't have the energy despite my love for water sports! So good for you!

I don't like going to public places by myself, either, but it doesn't bother me as much as it did when I was younger.

So sorry about your SIL...I read the obit & didn't realize she was my age. I remember having trouble staying on course with my meal plans when my baby brother died a couple weeks after my WLS. I can understand the struggle!

I also miss ppl posting here regularly. The board was SO active! Not sure why some ppl have not come back...

I had good news yesterday. I got approved for my SSDI. It was my 1st try & got approved in 6 months. Plus, my monthly benefits are about $400 more than I had estimated. Now we can relax instead of waiting until I turned 61 in a couple years.

I don't know if they approved me for just one disabling condition or all reported as I have not gotten the detailed approval letter. My hearing loss is really bad so I think it was probably bc of that and the depression it has caused me. I have become very depressed the past several months since getting so sick in March and not being able to do anything I wanted or needed to. My heart condition already makes me fatigued & the illness just made everything worse. And then not being able to hear ppl just isolates you..ugh!

Anyhow, I am almost fully recovered from my illness. I have a colonoscopy this week & then one last surgery and I am good. I found a place who does deeply discounted hearing aids based on income so will apply for them...can't afford 2k or more per ear! And we can live fairly comfortably with my disability income.

So life goes in cycles and I hope I am leaving the past couple years behind!

Hope we hear from some others!

Kathy

yvonnef1964
on 9/18/17 6:09 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Kathy, I'm glad you got your disability on the first try. I did too. Glad you are feeling better. Sorry about the hearing loss. Hopefully you can get hearing aides to help. Depression sucks too.

Yvonne

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1190 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1198 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1134 views