Hi It's Tuesday!!!

carlak
on 10/31/16 9:19 pm - Bradenton, FL

Well last week was a crazy blurr for me. I spent Wednesday night in the hospital after a scope. I have more stuff going on in my anastomoses. They think there are some sutures in there that is getting food stuck. So I have to go see the surgeon guru in Illinois. 

I'm going up there November 17. They have a scope scheduled for December 14. So Round two it is!

My eating has been crazy! Not a lot!

Carla

Talk on I'll check later today!

image hosting site

yvonnef1964
on 11/1/16 10:58 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Carla,

Sorry you are going through so much with your stomach. Hopefully they can figure it out.

I didnt have any candy last night due to the kids didnt offer any and I didn't ask for any. But today i bought mini donuts at the gas station. Shame on me. I haven't ate any yet.

Its a beautiful day.  70 out today.

Have a good day

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/1/16 11:46 am

ugh.. sorry to hear you deal with a lot of issues... I can sympathize... HUGS.

I did stupid stuff yesterday and I am paying for it today... ( and last night). Live and learn... AGAIN..

But - i am still alive and here...so I guess I still have time to improve my eating .. 

FYI: even before RNY I would get a horrible GERD -lasting 48-72 hours when I ate pizza or spaghetti with meat sauce.. you would think I was staying away from it? yea .. mostly... I would have that once or 2 times a year...remembering why I did not - could not - should not eat that... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

lightswitch
on 11/1/16 4:47 pm

Carla,

I hope everything works out for the best. 

I have two more iron infusions left. I will just barely get the last infusion in, the blood work done, and the hematologists to clear me for the knee replacement. Yeah!

I had to go see my PCP today and she apologized over and over for letting my iron levels drop so low.  She laid out our plan for monthly levels...

Today, I've gone from doctor to doctor and then to the oncology clinic for the iron infusion...So my nutrition sort of tanked.

B: bread with butter

L: Tomato sandwich

D: catfish

Snacks...chips, chips, and more chips.   

Ladies, I have to say that it sucks being sick...I will be so happy to get back to my life....damn.  Oh, and the little weekend fixer up that we are fixing up...the man to the east of us is an old friend...well, he and I went to school together and he actually tried to date me....of course, he came over Saturday and said, you know, I just found out you bought this old house.  Give me a hug...then he told Kenny that he dreamed of dating me when we were in school and I was such a snob. LOL...I wasn't a snob, but he was one of those boys that was wild and skipped school...if I had even thought of dating him, my family would have killed me. LOL....

My husband got a wee bit jealous....

Well, let me get off here and get my feet up....

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/16 6:00 am

Carla

Good luck with your scopes.  Hope they determine what's wrong and there can be a simple fix.

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/16 6:12 am

Good Morning everyone

I am headed to the hair salon.  I have not had a good haircut or color since I left here in June.  It is so past time.  My hair is naturally dark blonde and I highlight it a lighter blond so it doesn't look bad as far as roots showing but it gets dull.  My lady is the only one that can successfully cut my hair.  It is thin and fine, it never grew up, I have the hair of a 5 year old, it is like corn silk.  Anyway today it gets taken care of.

I am almost through with my yearly doctor visits just a mammogram and bone density( every 5 years) test.  Everything is good so far. 

In a week or 10 days I am headed to Arkansas and will be there for awhile.  Susan if you lurk get me your work info.  I will be needing a good nail technician.

My food is getting back to normal after all the travelling.

I am in a good place.... my health is good...my food choices are good.....and I am mobile.  Now if the weather would cooperate I would appreciate it.

85 on Halloween ????? I mean....REALLY??????

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views