Saturday....

Nancy B
on 8/20/16 2:16 am - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Greetings, everyone!

I went to bed last night..despite sleeping pills, I did not sleep so here I sit at almost 5 am. I am drinking a hot protein drink and have taken two (rare) tylenol night time pain tablets in desperation.

Rather an epic day here Saturday. The band, Tragically Hip, are playing and all over Canada are huge video screens showing their concert. The lead singer is dying of brain cancer so this is a very emotional event. Millions of Canadians will be sitting watching their last concert...truly talented Canadians.

My art designers course was cancelled tonight for Saturday.....very disappointing but only 2 of the 8 could attend.

The truth is that I have been pushing myself a lot and really do need to stay home...I feel like I am falling apart. But baking is done, laundry is done and I am just plain worn out.I am secretly happy that our designer date is cancelled as much as I enjoy it. If I do fall asleep in the next hour, I may sleep halfway thru Saturday. JB will allow me to sleep knowing how hard it is for me but he still sneaks up to check that I'm breathing, pick the cats up off the bed and creeps back out, closing the door until another cat decides to sleep ON me.With three book clients waiting for illustrations, I feel guilty sleeping,...I am feeling fuzzy now..perhaps sleep will visit me yet. It's only 5:15 am

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
lightswitch
on 8/20/16 9:49 am

Hello Nancy, those to follow, those who lurk, and those who are too busy to stop by,

I slept until 9:00 AM   Can you believe it. I woke up and thought, damn, it's awfully bright out...that's cause it was day time. 

Well, today I am thinking of running up to Roaring River and looking at some pretty lakes and caves....maybe.

Breakfast: I just ate an egg.

Lunch: avocado sandwich

Dinner: if we travel, it will be probably be a sandwich (tomato, avocado, or just cheese)

Snacks: raw vegetables.

yvonnef1964
on 8/20/16 10:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Hi Ladies,

It's another gloomy day and raining in Michigan.  I slept till 1030 but I didn't go to bed until after 1 am.

B liquid egg whites ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cottage cheese,  baby carrots,  and banana

D sirloin pork chop, cabbage and baby carrots 

S Greek yogurt with chia seeds, banana and a couple of homemade chocolate chip cookies made with splenda. 

Have a good day

lightswitch
on 8/20/16 2:21 pm

Yvonne, 

I think my favorite season is fall because of all the gloomy, rainy days. I love to hear the rain pouring outside and going for days without the sun doesn't bother me in the least. We've also had rain the last couple of days and I have to say, I've enjoyed it. 

seasheleyes
on 8/20/16 10:46 am - Manteca, CA

Good Morning Everyone,

I had a trying day yesterday. We have three cats and two are quite old. When I got home from the birthday party I saw that Jinx was looking really terrible...I have been knowing it was time but trying to not face it. So I took her in for euthanasia. She was not doing well but they had lots of emergencies. I was there three hours and in the end her blood pressure dropped so low that she was almost dead when they gave her the shot. She was almost 16 years old and had a good life. While I was waiting a couple came running in with a bigger dog that had a heart attack...they were sobbing, I was sobbing...oh lord. Their dog died. I was just as upset about their loss as I was with mine. 

I feel shell shocked today. I just need to get on with some tasks. 

Breakfast- protein drink

Lunch- toast with peanut butter

Dinner- leftover barbecue ribs

snacks- tomatoes with cottage cheese

lightswitch
on 8/20/16 2:25 pm

Julia,

I know how hard it is to put one of the babies down. Poor Jinx but I am sure you have given her a wonderful life, one not possible had you not rescued her. As you know, recently, we had to put down our Ginger Pie and it killed me....I still miss her, bath breath and all.  Now we have Wanda Susie who is only a few months younger than our Ginger Pie and Wanda's health is beginning to fail.  She is grotesquely overweight, and we've tried to put her on a diet but she was the one abandoned in an empty house and had gone days without food or water. So, it's too hard to mess with her food.  We are going to have to make that decision soon or we are going to wake up in the middle of the night to her dead next to one of us.  Plus, I think it is awful to let our pets suffer.  Jinx RIP and I hope, if there is a Rainbow Bridge, you find my Ginger Pie to snuggle up to....

Enough of the sentiment. I ******g love cottage cheese with tomatoes. 

lightswitch
on 8/20/16 2:37 pm

Nancy,

I think you and I are a lot alike. I never ever slow down.  My doctor thought that when I retired, I would take it easy but nope, I have taken on some volunteer projects and I am going full-force on those projects. 

Plus, I am going to start teaching quilting and crocheting classes.  My forage club (we harvest wild mushrooms and ginseng) wants me to teach them how to dry herbs and mushrooms and ginseng and they want to learn how to can so I am going to hold classes.  That's exciting, no?  

Okay, let me get off of her. I have some oyster mushrooms that I harvested the other day and we are going to eat them with shrimp....

yvonnef1964
on 8/20/16 6:09 pm
VSG on 08/11/14

Julia,

Sorry about your cat. Thinking of you.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 389 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1191 views
Judy