Good Morning to Thursday!!!

carlak
on 4/28/16 8:07 am - Bradenton, FL

Well we might not be leaving tomorrow, we r waiting word on our friend from Wisconsin, He had a massive heart attack on Saturday. I'm waiting to see if anything going to happen. He is still unresponsive. 

I don't want to be on the road and have to turn around. I think he is hanging in till his brother comes tomorrow from Houston.

Today we r watching Vin and going out!

Carla

image hosting site

seasheleyes
on 4/28/16 10:03 am - Manteca, CA

I'm here on West Coast time. I slept quite well and I have some cleaning chores to do before I go to a jewelry class. My craft room is so full of craft materials, including a treasure trove of jewelry materials, that I need to use some of it up while I can still have my fine motor skills! 

Yesterday I had a sad day, including tears. I'm feeling some loss, not anything I can really talk about here, though the events here did not help my already fragile state. Today feels much better. 

Weightwise i feel as if I am hanging in. When I feel turmoil I tend to burrow into comfort food...I have done some of that, but I have also used a variety of my new tools to relax, including meditation and coloring. My weight is stable right now. It is higher than I want but not going up. 

I do think that this emotional link to my eating issues is substantial and it can not be (will not be...if you get my drift) ignored in my quest for a more normal weight. WLS helped me immensely...100 pounds lost for many years is nothing to sneeze at...but the rest of the weight is my journey to health that I will need to tackle on my own. I think the next step for surgery would have to be brain surgery...?.

Happy Thursday everyone!

Julia

lightswitch
on 4/28/16 10:49 am

Hey Carla and Julia,

I have good news to report...my coworkers who spend the summers doing Yoga with me in the courtyard and I have been given access to a really cool space. Over the summer, we get to use the space for our Yoga hour...I don't quite do an hour but hey, some is better than none, right?

Julia, I know what you mean about losing that big mass and then having to do the rest with sheer determination and you will do that too.  I say it all the time: one day at a time...that way, you don't get overwhelmed.  

Have a good day ladies.

seasheleyes
on 4/28/16 3:51 pm - Manteca, CA

Glad the university is being so nice to you yoga friends...I'm sure they are happy when employees are doing things to help with their health! 

Judy G.
on 4/28/16 1:21 pm - Galion, OH

Carla that is sad news...Hope his brother gets there in time!!! Prayers for all...

HUGSSSSSS

Ready2goNOW
on 4/28/16 2:40 pm

Almost Good Evening Ladies!

Well I confess to bring extremely lazy today...got up late, messed around on FB & then went back to bed for 3 hours! This temperature drop & dark, dreary, rainy weather makes me want to burrow under the flannel sheets...not good!

I also think a little depression is setting in between our dog passing, not working yet, and a few other issues. So I can relate, Julia. I've learned to push thru these times, but today I just gave in...

Carla, prayers for your friend. I think one of the hardest parts of growing older is by facing our mortality through the sicknesses & deaths of family & friends.

Jeannie, that is great news about the yoga space. I really envy your interest & involvement in so many activities and interests.

Well, I need to get moving since most of the day is gone.

Kathy

lightswitch
on 4/28/16 2:58 pm

Kathy,

I really love days where I wake up, it's cold and dreary, and I just go right back to bed and sleep all morning. I usually do that on those really cold mornings. I am involved in so many things because I cannot say no....but that's okay.

Rest...sometimes that's all we need is a little rest.

Canndesign
on 4/28/16 3:17 pm

Jeane,

I would love to come do Yoga with you! I tried it a few times and find it very relaxing. My Dr teaches yoga at her office. If I ever stay home for ten weeks at a time I might sign up for her sessions. Ten sessions for 100.00. But they have to be ten sessions consecutively. I'm never home that long.!!!

lightswitch
on 4/28/16 5:55 pm

Canndesign,

When I first started doing Yoga, I bought a Yoga for dummies book ad watched videos on line. I have been doing it for a long time but am not able to do really complicated poses. For me, the stretching helps keep my bones and muscles with good range of motion.  Plus, it does tighten up...you can tell what I do the most stretching of...my neck and legs and sides have the most toned muscles. LOL.

Just do a few little moves for a while and then move to more complicated....

Canndesign
on 4/28/16 3:18 pm

Oh by the way Canndesign is Carla!!! I have two accounts on OH! 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 386 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1186 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1195 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1132 views