Good Morning! It's a Friday and a weekend!

carlak
on 2/11/16 11:50 pm - Bradenton, FL

Hello,

Im a happy camper today! I get to go play with my little bad girl tonight! I say that cause she was not such a good girl yesterday!!! Two yr olds! Her mommy was going to polish her nails and told her to not open the bottle of nail polish and she did! Spilled blue polish in the leather sofa and the floor! Twenty minute time out! Vinnie ran into her room crying for Grammy! I'm not sure she was crying for me or her other Grandmother! And she also Colored all over the bathroom cub board!!! I think I'll eat her for lunch!!!

Oh well she will learn!

I fly out at 2030. So I will drive to the airport around 3:30pm.

Ive been down with a migraine since Sunday and thank my lucky stars I'm feeling better yesterday. Not eating much but that's ok.

Prayers going out to Mary.

Thinking about Carrie and Vickie! 

Talk on I'll have my IPad so I can check up on you guys!!!

Carla

image hosting site

Patricia R.
on 2/12/16 10:00 am - Perry, MI

Good Afternoon Carla and OFF,

Well, I have my freedom from the boot and the insanity that goes with that.  I saw the surgeon this morning, and I am good to go.  I go back in a month.  I am beyond thrilled.  I have my life back.  

On the way home from the doctor, we stopped at Joann's, so I could get some yarn, and cards to decorate for another project I'm working on.  I also grabbed more yarn for a bedspread I'm crocheting for Lincoln.  

Franklin is here, so Colleen can help with both of the kids' classroom Valentines parties.  He's eating his lunch.  Colleen packed it for him.  We picked up Chinese on the way home for me.  

It's been flurrying all day, and getting heavier this afternoon.  Plus it's cold, of course.

Carla, have a safe flight.  Thanks for the call yesterday. 

Looking forward to word that Caralee has arrived.

Hugs,

Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

Connie D.
on 2/12/16 10:09 am

Hello Trish.....I am happy to hear you lost the BOOT!!! That is so wonderful...no more asking for rides!! You can get around freely.

Enjoy your time with Franklin!! I am jealous...I love Chinese food. We only have one place here that delivers and they charge $7.00 and still expect a tip. No thanks!!

Have a good rest of the day!!

Love and lots of hugs too...connie d

Eileen Briesch
on 2/12/16 10:02 am - Evansville, IN

Hi Carla and my OFF family to come:

Oh, poor Vinnie! Well, little ones want to try everything, and that gets them in trouble sometimes. I don't think I'd have a leather couch with a kid (I know I don't have anything leather around with a cat). But that's me. 

Hope your migraine stays away. I hate them. 

I had a ***** of a night at work last night. Six late stories on the two covers of the two papers' sports pages; they all came in after 10:30 p.m. Plus I have to manage the scoreboard clerk. He called four times in five minutes ... all while I'm trying to read and headline a story. I wanted to scream.

We had less than an inch of snow this morning and they canceled school. What is wrong with these people? And because they canceled school, that means they cancel Y aquatics classes. The snow is almost melted out there. So the school district canceled for no good reason. 

Well, have a good day. Swinging chickens for Carrie and Vickie, and Mary (hope you found a place to live).

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

poegirl100
on 2/12/16 10:04 am - Cibolo, TX

Hi Eileen!  We were posting at the same time.  Hope you're feeling better today.  Hope your nail is improving!  Love ya!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 2/12/16 10:14 am

Hello Eileen....you sure did have a awful night last night!!! I pray tonight is better for you!

I am sitting here laughing....one inch and they cancel. Tell them to come up to MN and really see how things are concerning snow!! Woosies!!

Love you...hugs....connie d 

Eileen Briesch
on 2/12/16 10:32 am - Evansville, IN

Yeah, they are babies here. Poor little kids can't stand out at the bus stops in a little bit of snow or if it gets too cold. I keep telling stories about South Dakota, Michigan and Chicago ... all much worse (Montana was bad, too, but only a little bit). South Dakota was the worst. 

As for my nail, the med info says it can take up to six weeks to see improvement in the nails. Although it's not hurting as much as it was. 

Eileen Briesch

lap rny 6-29-04

[email protected]

Connie D.
on 2/12/16 1:16 pm

Eileen...I think the schools down there should start planning on this as it looks like the colder weather is going to be back again!! I bet the kids were all outside playing in it anyway!!

I am so glad your nails are doing somewhat better. I can't imagine how you contacted that. Who knows....there are so many new germs around. All these people from all over landing in all our states bring diseases with them.  Good luck and I will send prayers too!

Love you...hugs...connie d

poegirl100
on 2/12/16 10:03 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Carla and my sistas,

Safe travels today, Carla.  And oh my!  That little Vinnie!  Yep, 2 yr olds are a mile a minute!  You have to watch them every second.  I know she'll be so happy to see you again.

Well, things are progressing around here.  Carrie had bloody show this morning and some mild cramping.  But no real contractions yet.  Today is her last day of work and she's going in to her office from 12 - 3.  I am so nervous about letting her go!  LOL!  My Mama Bear hormones are in full swing.  LOL!

I finally got my windshield replaced this morning.  I've been going to do it ever since LAST SUMMER.  But between Butch's lengthy illness and then the depression that followed, I just haven't cared enough to do it.  However, this week, I have some time on my hands, so I finally called and scheduled it.  I use Safe Lite and it was so easy!  He came to the house, and he did all of that in about 30 minutes.  My car has to sit for 3-4 hours before I drive it, just to make sure the seal is set up, but that's nothing.  The last time I had a windshield replaced, I had to leave it at the shop for an entire day.  It was so inconvenient.  I guess that was why I kept putting it off, but turns out to be next-to-nothing now.

I'm not very happy with this afghan I am making.  I guess my mind isn't really on the pattern.  I looked down yesterday and saw a mistake and I had to rip back FIVE rows.  Grrr.  Maybe today will go better.  Also, I never bought yarn in a "hank" before.  I've always used skeins of yarn.  Maybe I'm a dummy, but I just cannot figure out how to get the yarn to "feed" off the hank the right way.  So I'm constantly having to stop and untangle it.  Double Grrr!

Don't know what I will cook today.  I bought ingredients for a brown butter gnocchi with baby spinach and pine nuts.  Carrie said it sounded good (a few days ago), but now she says she wants Mexican.  I have a recipe for potato nachos.  You slice potatoes very thin (like for kettle chips), and bake them with a little oil and seasoning until they are crisp.  Then you just make nachos with them instead of chips.  I'm thinking refried beans, cheese, sour cream and guacamole.  Sound good?

I think I need to go buy a mandolin.

Every day I register to win the HGTV dream home.  LOL!  Like I need another house!  We are all wanting a beach house so badly!  If I win, I can sell the one in Florida (but keep the car and the cash!), and buy one on the Texas coast.

My lake house is showing AGAIN today!  C'mon people! Make me an offer!

I'm trying really hard not to drink the Cokes.  So I don't have any in the house.  If I want a Coke, I have to get in the car and go get one.  Well, I want one right now, but I can't drive my car yet.  Oh, the craving is so intense!  I am such a head case.

Hope everyone has a fabulous Friday!  Love you all!

Vickie 

Connie D.
on 2/12/16 10:30 am

Hello Vickie....slow down Mama Bear....Carrie will be one very soon!! LOL!!!!!!

I can only imagine how excited you must be getting. I remember how I was!! My first granddaughter, Kyleigh, was born in Germany. I didn't get to see her for 3 months...I was crazy by then! 

I keep praying for all three of you!! All will go well!!

I am glad you got your windshield fixed. I think Safe Lite does a great job. The best part is you don't have to sit and wait in a shop!!

That yarn situation would drive me crazy too!! I hope you get it figured out.

You can make those Nacho's with tator tots too....yummy!! Yes I do make them when the kids are here. Just a nice change from corn shells and soft shells or chips. I am sure yours will be great!

I too hope your your lake house sells soon. There sure is a lot of activity!! 

Cravings are miserable.....with me it is chocolate. So far the last two shopping trips I have managed to not buy anything chocolate. It is getting to me....I have no car...thank goodness at this time!!

Have a great day...love you...hugs...connie d

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 384 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1185 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1194 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1130 views