Monday...here we go again!

Nancy B
on 10/28/12 7:34 pm - Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada

Hello, OFF Family!

I send prayers and loving energy to all in danger from this terrible storm.  Apparently, even we here in Niagara (Ontario, Canada), are right in the path…I am also worried about my cousins down east in Nova Scotia as well.

Derek’s lady Kathy is onboard the Canadian Coast Guard Security Ship that patrols the borders…hope they are okay.  Derek is ready here at home….his plows and dump trucks are prepared for snow/ice if need be and he has beet juice for thawing ice and blac****

Dan & Amy left home for Toronto airport for 4 am…flight to leave 6 am.  Hopefully it is not cancelled.  They are headed west for a week in Costa Rica.

They both badly need a vacation.  Amy’s Dad just got diagnosed on Friday with cancer on his vocal cords….he is a heavy smoker & drinker, like his wife who died six years ago of pancreatic cancer.  Amy’s family are very emotional and dramatic people.

Derek gets to visit Dan’s place daily…Dan & Amy have nine once-feral cats inside....their house is huge and they have two Robo-litter boxes.  If Derek is busy working, we can easily go up to Dan’s to do the cat care.  We all take turns babysitting each other’s cats…lol.

Yesterday I made stuffed peppers with the last peppers from our garden and some of my homemade chilli sauce….they turned out rather well, set aside some for Derek as he is “bacheloring” it while Kathy is head chef on board the ship for two weeks.

Today is JB’s  69th birthday. He is five years older than me. Tonight I will cook a big roast beef- I buy them at the Dutch butcher.  They are pricy but they are so good, perfectly-spiced and never have any waste so it feeds us all for a number of meals. I am roasting baby potatoes and  roasted root vegetables and tossed salads,…then, for dessert, (I did not buy a cake for just Derek, JB and myself), I bought a box of Dutch pastries…decadent!!!!   I will not eat them… *whimpers*…but have a small fruit salad made just for me.  When Dan, Amy & Kathy get back home, we will all go out for JB’s birthday dinner. I also made JB a birthday card, featuring Tundra cartoons…..they are so sarcastic and funny!.

It is almost 5:30 am, again I do not sleep due to pain and insomnia but perhaps in a few hours, I can sleep. *s* I always ask JB to wake me up early afternoon but he says I NEED to sleep to heal and get stronger…last night, Dan was over and yet JB let me sleep til 6:30 PM!  He means well but I don’t like to sleep my days away.

Well, I hope that everyone will be safe, find what they seek, find peace and joy in their lives and solutions to problems.

Nancy B

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Laureen S.
on 10/28/12 8:43 pm - Maple Shade, NJ

Good Morning Nancy, OFFr Friends,

Been up since about 4:30, my house is as ready as it can be for dealing with this latest weather event, the good news I get an extended weekend.  Just hoping that no one suffers any serious repercussions from this storm. . . I have all my devices charged or in the charger, as I was unable to procure a generator, so if the power goes, I have plenty of candles, extra batteries and water, food in this house is plentiful, we bought ice for the large coolers and my house is clean, because that is how I spent yesterday and my back is aching like crazy, even the forbidden aleve is not helping a whole lot.  Otherwise it is kind of exciting living through a historic weather event.

Nancy, Happy Birthday to your JB (saw the pics on FB, handsome lot of men you are surrounded by), sounds like a great dinner and hopefully you won't have an extra uninvited guest, Sandy!  Best wishes for the safety of everyone in your family and sending positive thoughts for Amy's dad. . .

I'll check in later or tomorrow, if I can.

Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Judy G.
on 10/29/12 2:50 am - Galion, OH

Nancy be safe from this storm!!!

HUGS

grammylew
on 10/28/12 10:15 pm - Jacksonville, NC

Good mornin' ya'll.

Nancy, you sleep just as often as you feel like it. You need to recharge your batteries. I never took naps until I was doing chemo. My DIL cried the first time she saw my napping in bed in the afternoon. Laureen, I am so very happy you and Nancy are bracing for hurricane Sandy. We were very lucky. We just got a brush by. A couple of branches down in the back yard, which is the usual swamp from the rain. My sister is in Albany, NY and is braced and ready and scared. She is still recovering from her heart valve replacement surgery! I have been MIA because I was in Oregon. My daughter's divorce became final. Her wackaroony ex said he had 'given in' on the divorce so they could begin counselling to get the marriage back together and go on a family trip for Christmas! When Judi finally convinced him that was NEVER gonna happen and she was moving into a bigger house so each kid could have their own room, the texts began again. He finally decided to go to Thailand and was gone the next day!! I extended my trip. This was good news for Judi. It gave her time to get moved uninterupted. With a lot of help, she pretty much got everything moved from her rented condo and her ex's house. I also made four kids Halloween costumes. Alice, Mad Hatter, Peter Pan and Wendy. Oh and a Father Sarducci Hat. And I filled freezers with chili, spaghetti sauce, lasagna, strawberry rhubarb pies, apple pies, meatballs, etc. Judi texted him that she had been dating for a few weeks, he went berserkers. He began sending threatening texts to Judi. Called the kids. One call screaming they should hate this new guy and have nothing to do with him. The next call just crying. Getting the kids all upset. Even sent me texts. Judi said she was gonna get a no contact order against him. He decided to stay in Thailand til after Christmas since there was nothing to be home for Christmas. That meant he would miss both of his kids' birthdays! Plus Judi was scheduled for a business trip to HI the first of Nov. So my DH and I are going back on Friday. Our new great grandson is just so adorable! We have babysat him twice and he is always so happy. And growing so fast. Our grandson has still in FL and not even started his A school yet! He may not be able to come home for Thanksgiving! We are all bummed about that! I haven't gone back and read past posts so I don't know what has been happening with everyone. But my prayers continue for everyone who is struggling with weight, money, relationships, jobs, health, stress and any other issues. Everyone have a fantabulous day.

Grammylew in Jax

poegirl100
on 10/29/12 12:22 am - Cibolo, TX

Lord, Carolyn, that man is just a total nutcase!  Maybe he'll stay in Thailand.  Y'all would be much better off with him living halfway around the world.  Judi and the kids need to just block his phone calls and texts.  He's crazy.  Glad she has you and your DH for support.

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 10/29/12 2:49 am - Galion, OH

Carolyn...OMG does that man ever give up????? Hope he can't find his passport when its time to come back home...maybe it would be best. Glad that you are there to help out!!!

HUGS

Connie D.
on 10/29/12 3:51 am

Carolyn.....I am so glad Judi's ex took a trip....I hope he stays there. The kids need their dad but not the way he is acting. He scares me!!  I hope they have a security system at the house!  I am happy you got to spend time with your new grandson too!!

Love and hugs....connie d

poegirl100
on 10/29/12 12:19 am - Cibolo, TX

Good morning Nancy, Laureen, Carolyn, and all my OFF sistas!

Oh, gracious, I do hope everyone is safe during the Sandy Invasion this week.  The worst part is when the power goes out.  This happens with every storm.  Seems to me if the electric company put the wires UNDERGROUND, then the winds and falling trees and heavy ice wouldn't be such a problem.  Hmmmm.  Wonder why they don't think of that?

My husband and I are sitting here, shaking our heads this morning, over our daughter and her parenting/time management skills.  She just now left to take Benny to pre-school, 40 minutes late.  She wants to sleep until 8 a.m. and somehow manage to get the baby up, fix his lunch and his breakfast, get him dressed and get him to school at 8:30 a.m.???  I know he's only 2 and it really doesn't matter if he's late this morning, but I can't help but wonder how she will manage when he starts real school.

Had the best time yesterday afternoon at the Outlet Mall.  I just love going there.  I didn't even buy anything for myself except for some new panties, and I still had fun.  Bought Benny some more pjs and socks.  Got some new long sleeved tees and a shirt for Butch.  Chris got some new jeans.  It was just fun to get out without the baby.  Chris and I left the "boys" home and had a girls' afternoon out. 

I did get our new refrigerator ordered at Lowes, but they can't deliver it until Thursday afternoon.  Well, shoot.  On Thursday we are travelling back to Nacogdoches, but Christie will be here, so she'll take delivery of the new frig.  The main thing is that they'll haul off the old frig.  Whew! 

Yesterday afternoon, Butch looked out on the front deck and there was a little deer out there, having a grand time munching on my flowers!  She came up the steps and hopped over the gate to get to them!  I never would have figured on that one.  The deer here have no fear of people at all. 

Well, I'm off to get a shower and then get started on my day.  Got to make hay while the baby is away!  LOL!

Love you all!

Vickie 

Judy G.
on 10/29/12 2:50 am - Galion, OH

Vic happy that you had a good time out shopping!!!

HUGS

grammylew
on 10/29/12 1:30 am - Jacksonville, NC

Vickie, you are right. That man is a nutcase! He now has a ticket to came back Nov 24. The day before his son's b'day. He plans to stay until Jan 2or so. He will be here for his daughter's birthday. 18 and 16 are important birthdays! At this moment his plans for when he is home: got the house in his own name, set up a checking account for his son, transfer $ monthly to THAT checking account and have his son pay the bills ( that should work out well), then go back to Thailand and buy a restaurant/bar coming back just a couple times a year! Don't know why he can't just have his bills automatically deducted from his checking account like the rest of us do. Judi will deposit his alimony in his checking account monthly as ordered. My grandson will have a grand bachalor pad to take his girls to when he wants to impress them! Provided Roger cleans it up while he is in Oregon. Judi says it is a real dump in there right now. Oh, and Roger bought a really nice truck right after he got his nearly 3/4 million bucks from Judi, so our grandson will have that to drive, too. He will have the world at his feet!

Grammylew in Jax

Most Active
Recent Topics
Gone but not forgotten
Jani · 0 replies · 396 views
Happy New Year, Friends!
GrammySusan · 3 replies · 1198 views
Judy
Ready2goNOW · 0 replies · 1207 views
MY PC WAS HACKED!!!!
Judi123 · 2 replies · 1141 views